Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
would that be because you are unaware of how poverty is calculated, and that in a rising economy there will be an increase in measured poverty? (because lower pay and pensions do not rise in step with the rest of the economy)
Excellent! So because we have a thriving economy we have more poverty! We will have to wait til Brexit then and our poverty levels will go back down.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
would that be because you are unaware of how poverty is calculated, and that in a rising economy there will be an increase in measured poverty? (because lower pay and pensions do not rise in step with the rest of the economy)

Are you taking the piss?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Project fear stuck it on the bus! They need to show us the money. More like project retard.

Oh dear,we haven't left the EU yet.Did you manage to think up the project name on your own,having special experience?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No we didn't, but you must remember it's in the remainers' psyche to stereotype (the first indication of prejudice) leavers into what their view of leavers must be. We're all old, thick, racist, EDL supporting types, remember? And it is a known fact (at least it is a fact in the fantasy of most remainers) that we all read the Daily Mail. Can't you understand their simple logic? Obviously, in their own minds, they must be the people who know best............

I mean, they're the intelligentsia, innit?

Is that not just your stereotype of a remainer?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Excellent! So because we have a thriving economy we have more poverty! We will have to wait til Brexit then and our poverty levels will go back down.
Are you taking the piss?

its a consequence of measuring relative poverty, does lead to counter-intuitive outcomes. like when the economy lowers, poverty is reduced because fewer are earning as much. we could be twice as wealthy, there would still be a large proportion of the population in poverty because not everyone's income is in lockstep with each other (you'd hope 2x would lower poverty overall of course). unless one is going to do some deep analysis of the underlying numbers, its meaningless to state "we're wealthy, why has poverty increased".

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The fact we are even considering leaving makes us a laughing stock around the world.

I'm really pleased you can give us a totally unbiased poll of the world's population.When did you become the all-knowing,all-seeing god,or do aliens put the information in your head?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
http://www.politico.eu/article/uk-public-rejects-no-deal-brexit-scenario-new-poll-results-say/

In a survey of more than 1,200 people carried out by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research (GQRR) and shared exclusively with POLITICO, 52 percent agreed that leaving without a deal would be a “disaster” for the U.K. economy, against just 34 percent who said the U.K. should leave the EU without a new settlement if a “good deal” is not on the table.

So Stan Greenberg,a leading Democrat pollster in Washington DC gave these figures to a fake news company and we're supposed to believe them-yeah,right!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You only have to open your eyes and ears and listen to see that! It is embarrassing more than anything else. You have your head in the sand if you believe otherwise and believe what the press and politicians are saying.

Funny that.The only people who I have spoken to abroad wish they could get out as well.The EU is not as universally popular as you think,wherever your head is parked!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You only have to open your eyes and ears and listen to see that! It is embarrassing more than anything else. You have your head in the sand if you believe otherwise and believe what the press and politicians are saying.

Why are you embarrassed. Move out if you think it's that bad. Spain looks nice, Barcelona maybe

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who said I hadn't already? Last one left turn out the lights!

Maybe I will see you in Gran Canaria tomorrow.I will just look out for somebody with his head up his backside and no mates.:lolol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
No problem. It is nice being able to interact with the rest of the world and not being shut away on a wet isolated island!

Dear oh dear. I've still got my passport which means I can go anywhere in the world I desire. What a ridiculous reply.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here