Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's refreshing that a leader has an open mind.

since when is betraying a core belief being open minded
he is a hypocrite …….and a turncoat knob

"A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

"powers have gone from national parliaments, they havnt gone to the European parliament, they have gone to the commission and to some extent the council of ministers"

"these are quite serious matters"

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
he is a liar and full of BS as well

_89238908_corbyn_quote.gif

"In his first speech on the EU Referendum, Jeremy Corbyn said: "There are nearly three-quarters of a million British people living in Spain and over two million living in other parts of Europe."

There were 306,000 UK-born people with permanent residency in Spain in 2015,according to the European statistics agency Eurostat, which used figures reported by Spanish authorities.
The number of Brits living in Spain was higher before the financial crisis hit - more than 351,000 in 2008 - but has never been nearly as high as the 750,000 that Mr Corbyn claims

Two million British people living in other parts of Europe is a huge exaggeration, even if he meant to include Spain. The UN estimated that there were 1.2 million UK-born people living in other EU countries, including Spain, in 2015. That figure is based on the 2011 census"

BBC fact check
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36046900

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
he is a hypocrite …….and a turncoat knob

"A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

"powers have gone from national parliaments, they havnt gone to the European parliament, they have gone to the commission and to some extent the council of ministers"

"these are quite serious matters"

Just seen old footage of Jez and his opinions on the EU on the news. Actually he was spot on then, now he has completely changed his views....man of trust and integrity, i don't think so.

D

Deleted member 22389

The EU and levels of migration are the reasons many people stopped supporting Labour in the first place, including myself. Why would anyone in their right mind want to vote for this party again after everything they did to this country. Corbyn has turned in to another EU puppet politician, selling everyone the same old crap that other politicians do, another one unable to admit we have open borders with actually no way of controlling it becuase of the ridicolous EU rules, and has absolutely no ideas how to support it now or in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The EU and levels of migration are the reasons many people stopped supporting Labour in the first place, including myself. Why would anyone in their right mind want to vote for this party again after everything they did to this country. Corbyn has turned in to another EU puppet politician, selling everyone the same old crap that other politicians do, another one unable to admit we have open borders with actually no way of controlling it becuase of the ridicolous EU rules, and has absolutely no ideas how to support it now or in the future.

Do you have ANY other line of argument other than open borders?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I can imagine some might struggle with this concept but constantly engaging, listening, reasoning and then objectively re-thinking is a virtue. As the saying goes, change your mind, prove you've got one.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I can imagine some might struggle with this concept but constantly engaging, listening, reasoning and then objectively re-thinking is a virtue. As the saying goes, change your mind, prove you've got one.

Seriously? Come on now, you made a real tit of yourself in the Milliband/Labour/General Election thread. :bowdown:

Do you have some kind of fetish for perpetual ridicule or something? ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm assuming you also credit Osbourne with that virtue ? Or more likely you call them U turns ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm assuming you also credit Osbourne with that virtue ? Or more likely you call them U turns ?

The difference is Corbyn listens, then speaks/acts. Osbornes speaks/acts, realises he's made a hash of things, then back pedals. Very different.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
he is a liar and full of BS as well

attachment.php

"In his first speech on the EU Referendum, Jeremy Corbyn said: "There are nearly three-quarters of a million British people living in Spain and over two million living in other parts of Europe."

There were 306,000 UK-born people with permanent residency in Spain in 2015,according to the European statistics agency Eurostat, which used figures reported by Spanish authorities.
The number of Brits living in Spain was higher before the financial crisis hit - more than 351,000 in 2008 - but has never been nearly as high as the 750,000 that Mr Corbyn claims

Two million British people living in other parts of Europe is a huge exaggeration, even if he meant to include Spain. The UN estimated that there were 1.2 million UK-born people living in other EU countries, including Spain, in 2015. That figure is based on the 2011 census"

BBC fact check
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36046900

Can't the same accusation of lying be levelled at the leave campaign everytime they peddle the myth that we pay £350m a week to the EU. Every time I hear this I switch off to the rest of their arguments!! This morning on BBC Gisela Stuart was suggesting that we could spend £350m a week on the NHS if we leave. Perhaps all the leading lights of the Brexit campaign will sign a pledge that if we leave, they will, whichever party they are in, sign a pledge to that effect!!!!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Has anyone ever heard Corbyn actually say he would like the UK to leave the EU?

Sure he has been very critical of the EU, but thinking that the EU is bad and needs to change, and wanting to leave the EU are different things.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Has anyone ever heard Corbyn actually say he would like the UK to leave the EU?

Sure he has been very critical of the EU, but thinking that the EU is bad and needs to change, and wanting to leave the EU are different things.

The most laughable part though is that he thinks we should stay in to help reform it.

Its a bit like Walsall saying they're going to reform the Premier League and have them share all their money with all 4 divisions. :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't the same accusation of lying be levelled at the leave campaign everytime they peddle the myth that we pay £350m a week to the EU. Every time I hear this I switch off to the rest of their arguments!! This morning on BBC Gisela Stuart was suggesting that we could spend £350m a week on the NHS if we leave. Perhaps all the leading lights of the Brexit campaign will sign a pledge that if we leave, they will, whichever party they are in, sign a pledge to that effect!!!!

The Tory party can pay their mates an extra 350m a week more like.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The most laughable part though is that he thinks we should stay in to help reform it.

Are you suggesting that a nation which has won two world wars is going to run away from a challenge with the EU? Surely the UK is better than this? Do people really believe the UK is unable to influence the EU? I thought the Uk was better than this, and more than willing and able to face up to a challenge.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The only reason Kinnock supports the eu is because of the fat pension he gets from it. He will lose that if we leave or he speaks against it. He should declare his interest before speaking in favour, so everyone knows why.

Have you evidence to support the fact he will lose a pension if we leave or is that just your assumption?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Its a bit like Walsall saying they're going to reform the Premier League and have them share all their money with all 4 divisions. :lol:

Walsall aren't in the Premier League, so it is nothing like that at all.

That really was an appalling analogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Nothing of the sort. Walsall aren't, never have been, and, in all probability for the foreseable future, will not be members of the Premier League. If you had compared it to Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea, ie one of the big five, then your comment would have more credibility.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It's widely acknowledged by all sides that the net figure is £23m per day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here