Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I drink neither. Not sure what you drink though. I certainly would choose my name more carefully, if I was as thick as mince.

Coo,what an original insult!:kiss:.You been slumming on navynet?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you have missed what is going on here, this is not something that has been going on for years. Quite a typical Brexiteer, "nothing to worry about" view you have though.

i clearly didnt say "nothing to worry about" by agreeing with the conclusion, and statutory instrument giving powers to ministers to enact secondary legislation without parliament are used since forever ( and ironically used extensively to bring in to UK law most the legislation that the Repeal Bill will formalise). whats going on here is leavers are making an issue of them to drive sentiment against the leaving process.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
When it comes to the economy,I don't think the BBC helps by constantly highlighting any negative news and side-lining the positive.Here is a classic from today,for example:

e.jpg

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
When it comes to the economy,I don't think the BBC helps by constantly highlighting any negative news and side-lining the positive.Here is a classic from today,for example:

View attachment 89049

You think they should only report fantasy instead?

Maybe's, possibly's, could be's, lets wait and see?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er, one is live, one is from an hour before. I dare say an hour beforehand the manufacturing output story would have taken centre stage. Regardless, I'd say the BCC warning was a far bigger story anyway.

Not that this fits in with your snowflake view of the nasty left wing BBC.

It was more his number crunching than his his poor effort to be abusive to be honest ....................
Do you know what "number crunching" is? Only you appear to be defining it as mistaking one person for two. Your grammar is terrible by the way, and what are the 20 dots for? :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think the BBC should try reporting things in a balanced,neutral,manner as it's charter requires it to do.Perhaps it needs to get a grip on it's editors,some of whom are more interested in buying EU flags for 'Last Night of the Proms',allegedly.:)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

View attachment 89049

Are you now bragging the economy will be the worse state since 2008/09 and you have the resources to ride it out? Not so great for the JAMS stitched up by Farage, Boris etc..

The irony is manufacturing exports are being helped of course by a strong economy in Europe our biggest market of course

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Er, one is live, one is from an hour before. I dare say an hour beforehand the manufacturing output story would have taken centre stage. Regardless, I'd say the BCC warning was a far bigger story anyway.

Not that this fits in with your snowflake view of the nasty left wing BBC.

Yes,you probably would say a prediction is a bigger story than the factual one.I wouldn't expect anything less!:)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Are you now bragging the economy will be the worse state since 2008/09 and you have the resources to ride it out? Not so great for the JAMS stitched up by Farage, Boris etc..

Perhaps you should try reading the thread!Maybe's,possibly's,could be's,let's wait and sees-already posted by another clown!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

While we are on about bragging,can you remember what Watford Zero was banned for?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes,you probably would say a prediction is a bigger story than the factual one.I wouldn't expect anything less!:)
So next year, when growth really is the weakest it has been for a decade, you'll do doing what? Presumably finding exciting new ways to blame the EU.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Have you actually clicked on the link to that manufacturing output story? The full story is full of statistics from the latest ONS report, and the manufacturing one is the only positive one.

Typical bloody BBC, ignoring the downsides of what's happening to the economy and cherry-picking the one good bit to put in the headline.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So next year, when growth really is the weakest it has been for a decade, you'll do doing what? Presumably finding exciting new ways to blame the EU.

Ah,so now your Omsung predicts the future,as well?Enough fun for now,I'm off for a Pizza Hut extravaganza,and a few Friday ales.Laters:lolol::thumbsup::cheers::bigwave:UTA

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
While we are on about bragging,can you remember what Watford Zero was banned for?

I don't. Remind me what was I banned for ?

Was if bullying racist snowflakes ?

Apparently it's something I'm getting a reputation for and not admitting :shrug:

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
i clearly didnt say "nothing to worry about" by agreeing with the conclusion, and statutory instrument giving powers to ministers to enact secondary legislation without parliament are used since forever ( and ironically used extensively to bring in to UK law most the legislation that the Repeal Bill will formalise). whats going on here is leavers are making an issue of them to drive sentiment against the leaving process.

Not really replying to this particular comment. Just saying that you are pretty much the only Brexiteer that I have any time for. You remind me of that chimp that led the Planet of the Apes......Caeser was it?

Keep fighting the good fight.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sorry,I've only just noticed your post.Didn't know Jesus was doing YouGov polls,but whatever.Hardly surprising that Nigeria and Pakistan get a bad reception,with Boko Haram and the Taliban.Think the worst thing Poles do is beat each other up when drunk,and then try to blame 'Brexit racists'.At least until CCTV proves the little tinkers were telling porkies,bit different from beheading people.As a quite interesting aside,there have been several studies recently into the mental problems arising from poisons like arsenic occurring in water supplies from shallow aquifers in Pakistan,Nigeria ,and Bangladesh.Perhaps Perrier might calm them down?

So we leave the EU to curb migration, but we don't mind the Poles so much, and we would like more Irish, French and Germans, it's the Turks, Nigerians and Pakistanis we really don't want, who all have to apply currently anyway. Oh and Romanians for some reason, because of their totally alien Christian culture possibly, or maybe because Farage made a huge fuss about it when their freedom of movement rights came online, we can definitely change their chances of a summer job in the fields of Kent.
I was surprised to see Mexicans on the list at all, but truly, when a poll shows the British public wanting to curb Mexican immigration to the UK more than Polish immigration to the UK, you have to wonder at the power of the media, and the stupidity of some parts of our society.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Henry the VIII clause is not the same as a provision for a Statutory Instrument. When Parliament creates an act of parliament they also set what details and areas can be amended by S.I., any S.I. can be debated and voted down and they require Parliamentary approval.
This is different, this will allow the relevant laws to be changed by proclamation, or in other words, just because Theresa said so, no debate, no approval required.
As you say, this is similar to how the law arrived in the UK in the first place, under the European Communities act, EU law goes in without consultation or approval of Uk parliament, the difference is that these have passed through democratic process at the EU Parliament, not just by three Tories in a mens club.

Just to add, the quotation marks in my previous comment were not designed to attribute the phrase to having come from you directly in your post, but to highlight the frequency with which serious problems are dismissed with a simple phrase and not really challenged, by pro Brexit sunny uplanders. I apologise for any confusion that may have caused.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here