Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There is no way they will refuse to trade with us full stop. And don't forget, all 27 members have to agree to a trade block for it to happen.

The poster concerned can correct me, but I don't think he was suggesting that the EU would refuse to trade with us and launch a 'total trade block'. I believe that he meant that if the UK flounced out of the negotiations (as someone suggested) then the EU would simply refuse to sign a trade deal of any kind with us. And that would hurt us a lot more than it would hurt them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If we didnt need them we would have already laughed at them at walked away.

There is 27 countries to help support any loss (which they will to make it look better on the EU if need be) and we are on our own.

We will miss 27 countries more than they will miss the one.

Every trade analogy I've seen is far too simplistic. It's the same as when people say "the EU had 500 million people to sell to". 500 million people doesn't matter if your company manufacturers a component that is only bought in France.

The EU doesn't buy anything from Britain. It just provided a framework to allow companies and individuals to trade.
Of the 27 there are some who will barely notice if we left tomorrow.
Many EU companies will notice if our trade starts to drop off and who is going to support those companies? The EU won't start pumping money directly into private companies and there won't all of a sudden be a rise in trade from the remaining EU countries.

This obviously works both ways, but it's certainly not as one sided as you believe. Ultimately it's the people who will pay the price, the political classes will only lose their budget.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is the Queen wearing an EU flag hat for her speech today!?

_96577983_queenandcharles.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is the Queen wearing an EU flag hat for her speech today!?

_96577983_queenandcharles.jpg

No, Her Maj values UK sovereignty so she's obviously a Brexiteer. That's either Tory Blue meant to annoy the Republican Marxists in the not so loyal official opposition or a belated but welcome tribute to BHA FC.
:salute:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thankyou. The voice of Middle England/silent majority is rarely wrong :angel:
Except always. Which is why we are where we are.

But you already know this and are just playing your Daily Mail troll persona/joker with these posts. 😉👍

#itsaknockout #herecomethebelgians

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, Her Maj values UK sovereignty so she's obviously a Brexiteer. That's either Tory Blue meant to annoy the Republican Marxists in the not so loyal official opposition or a belated but welcome tribute to BHA FC.
:salute:

Given her family tree, she's Europhile through and through!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Among several caveats in the report to which you provided a link was this: "One thing to note, though, is the very high level of agreement in the Council in both periods. Put the other way round, the UK voted on the winning side 97.4% of the time in 2004-09 period and 86.7% of the time in the 2009-15 period." And there were other mitigating factors, and a warning against inferring too much from the bald statistics.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Among several caveats in the report to which you provided a link was this: "One thing to note, though, is the very high level of agreement in the Council in both periods. Put the other way round, the UK voted on the winning side 97.4% of the time in 2004-09 period and 86.7% of the time in the 2009-15 period." And there were other mitigating factors, and a warning against inferring too much from the bald statistics.

Yes I know I can read. Just pointing out we can't veto everything and we are on the losing side in areas that are significant (Budget, Foreign and Security policy).

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There is so much info surrounding Brexit that i read something else today. We could control our boarders with EU citizens. If After 3 months they didn't have a job or a pot of cash in the bank we could deport them back home. This kind of shuts down the immigration argument. Although of the 97% EU nationals working and paying tax in this country less than 3% claim benefit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is so much info surrounding Brexit that i read something else today. We could control our boarders with EU citizens. If After 3 months they didn't have a job or a pot of cash in the bank we could deport them back home. This kind of shuts down the immigration argument. Although of the 97% EU nationals working and paying tax in this country less than 3% claim benefit.

We have this exact system in place now. Our successive governments choose not to use it. No legislation would be required to do so, you just start using it. It could have saved a lot of silly bother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here