Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Frankly, the SNP are relatively small fry. Likely to fail miserably. Good.

I don't think so, if Brexit was the icing on the cake as far as their will for a second (independence) referendum, the part of this judgement that dealt with devolved administration is the cherry on the icing on that cake. Suspect there will be a second go within 18 months and they will win handsomely.

Cameron's legacy continues.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Wow, the Lib Dems. Bet May is quaking at the though of 9 (or is it 10) MP's voting against her.

I don't know if you're making a joke or if you're serious. If you're serious, then you should really check the number of MPs by party.

I'm not trying to say they'll achieve anything merely pointing out that they've said they're planning to vote against it. Not sure why people are on my back about that but whatever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think few really appreciate what Gina Miller has done, this government really need to hold their heads in shame.

Oh, we all really appreciate what Gina Miller has done, and what she is. She is a very, very wealthy woman who likes getting her own way. So much so, that when the referendum resulted in her not getting her own way, she took action which has cost the British taxpayers, most of whom have far less money to throw around than she has, hundreds of thousands of pounds. It's very clear where the shame should lie.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think so, if Brexit was the icing on the cake as far as their will for a second (independence) referendum, the part of this judgement that dealt with devolved administration is the cherry on the icing on that cake. Suspect there will be a second go within 18 months and they will win handsomely.

Yeh, right. Whatever.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh, we all really appreciate what Theresa May has done, and what she is. She is a very, very wealthy woman who likes getting her own way. So much so, that when the High Court resulted in her not getting her own way, she took action which has cost the British taxpayers, most of whom have far less money to throw around than she has, hundreds of thousands of pounds. It's very clear where the shame should lie.

Corrected for you.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oh, we all really appreciate what Gina Miller has done, and what she is. She is a very, very wealthy woman who likes getting her own way. So much so, that when the referendum resulted in her not getting her own way, she took action which has cost the British taxpayers, most of whom have far less money to throw around than she has, hundreds of thousands of pounds. It's very clear where the shame should lie.

Whatever Brexit brings democracy is still intact thanks to her, this is the biggest victory of all. A brave woman we went it alone and could have easily walked away in fear for her life, sponsored by segments of a hateful media

I hope the police closely monitor any hate filled communication put in her direction, the LAW will act where necessary

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She sounds like one of the very very wealthy Tory and UKIP supporters who eventually forced the government, at great expense, to hold a referendum. These supporters also like to get their own way even though many of them are non domiciled in the UK.

Strange world.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Wow, the Lib Dems. Bet May is quaking at the though of 9 (or is it 10) MP's voting against her.

I don't understand why they get so much airtime. Who cares what a party, who has less than 1.5% of the MPs in parliament, thinks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How utterly bizarre.None of the judges couldn't be arsed to get up and vote,a simple majority verdict in favour,and all the runners-up are crowing about it.If you can accept a majority vote in one instance,it's about time you grew up and accepted it in the Referendum.Don't suppose you will though.:cute::flounce:???

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whatever Brexit brings democracy is still intact thanks to her, this is the biggest victory of all. A brave woman we went it alone and could have easily walked away in fear for her life, sponsored by segments of a hateful media

I hope the police closely monitor any hate filled communication put in her direction, the LAW will act where necessary

Nope,tried Google translate and it still comes out illiterate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

She has forced the government to abide by the constitution of this country. When the Referendum Act was passed in 2015, it was passed as advisory.
When we went into the Common Market, an Act of Parliament was passed in 1973. It requires an Act of Parliament to leave.
It does make me laugh that those who voted for British sovereignty, then moan and complain when British judges in British courts rule that our own constitution is followed.
It won't prevent us leaving the EU, but it will make sure that the law is followed with elected MPs having their say in how we do it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Hmm, I wonder whether she will get abuse whilst out with her family on a Sunday, I wonder whether the hate filled media will stalk her and abuse her as much as someone who has a different opinion to her.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't understand why they get so much airtime. Who cares what a party, who has less than 1.5% of the MPs in parliament, thinks.
As a point of interest, what percentage of parliament is Douglas Carswell's UKIP seat?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm not trying to say they'll achieve anything merely pointing out that they've said they're planning to vote against it. Not sure why people are on my back about that but whatever.

Because we have had our 5-seconds of democracy when we where allowed to put a cross in a box. Now we all have to get in line and support the result of those crosses, despite that result not being precisely defined. Any criticism, suggestion or thought is not allowed, unless you want to be undemocratic and an enemy of the people who put a cross in the winning box; you have to get in line and support the result as defined by the Tory party.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because we have had our 5-seconds of democracy when we where allowed to put a cross in a box. Now we all have to get in line and support the result of those crosses, despite that result not being precisely defined. Any criticism, suggestion or thought is not allowed, unless you want to be undemocratic and an enemy of the people who put a cross in the winning box; you have to get in line and support the result as defined by the Tory party.

A line you say? Sounds like fun, count me in!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

"criticism, suggestion or thought is not allowed". Are you having a laugh, I think having over 2500 pages of moaning and crying and trying to change the democratic vote, proves that "criticism, suggestion or thought IS allowed".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here