Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

larus

I am genuinely surprised by the sudden bounce back of the £. I really do not see what has changed so dramatically to cause it but I welcome it all the same.

Let me enlighten you.

1. The unemployment rate is quite low (and no, ths is not part-time nor zero-hours contracts).. This is mainly full-time jobs being created. Compare this to the wonderful EU. Greece, Spain, Portual, France, Italy.
2. Due to the success and health of the U.K. economy (God forbid, we're meant to be destitute after voting for BREXIT), the BoE is expected to raise interest rates, Peversely, this will just remove the unneeded cut which Mark 'Talk Out Of My Arse" Carney implemented soon after the vote. And, as was clearly proven by subsequent economic statistics, this was not needed.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Many business's benefit from immigration/cheap labour that's not rocket science.If you're a boss you'll look to get the cheapest staff as possible and that's why Immigration isn't a great thing in the long term as many migrants have little to spend and when they do they'll send the money home.
10 years nearly of austerity cuts and 5 million immigrants here working during a boom boom boom economy....Yes it's a great thing when the government is potless.This country is potless because it is partially owned by foreigners who invest and take the rest out of the country and also we give billions away to overseas projects and more just to keep our reputation in tact.

This country is and has been drained of all its recourses !!!
So apart from the cheap labour not connnected or associated with rocket science (a comma would have helped your cause here), what industries benefit from foreigners?
How much do immigrants earn and how much do they send back rather than spend here? How much of the country is owned by foreigners? What is their investment in the U.K and what "rest" is taken out of the UK and how many billions do we give away to overseas projects, and what are those projects? Accurate figures please, when you have them.
Thanks in advance, I look forward to your substantiated figures and facts.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Many business's benefit from immigration/cheap labour that's not rocket science.If you're a boss you'll look to get the cheapest staff as possible and that's why Immigration isn't a great thing in the long term as many migrants have little to spend and when they do they'll send the money home.
10 years nearly of austerity cuts and 5 million immigrants here working during a boom boom boom economy....Yes it's a great thing when the government is potless.This country is potless because it is partially owned by foreigners who invest and take the rest out of the country and also we give billions away to overseas projects and more just to keep our reputation in tact.

This country is and has been drained of all its recourses !!!

Maybe in your industry, but those I know will look for the brightest, most able proactive team players.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let me enlighten you.

1. The unemployment rate is quite low (and no, ths is not part-time nor zero-hours contracts).. This is mainly full-time jobs being created. Compare this to the wonderful EU. Greece, Spain, Portual, France, Italy.
2. Due to the success and health of the U.K. economy (God forbid, we're meant to be destitute after voting for BREXIT), the BoE is expected to raise interest rates, Peversely, this will just remove the unneeded cut which Mark 'Talk Out Of My Arse" Carney implemented soon after the vote. And, as was clearly proven by subsequent economic statistics, this was not needed.
Mnnnnnn 2.9% inflation, wages not keeping up, the 1% pay cap grudgingly being broken for some public sector workers but still not enough to claw back the real lost wages since 2008 and Brexit negotiations seemingly unable to bridge the chasm between the UK and Europe ? Admittedly, there are companies making BIG money but that money is made by exploiting tax loopholes and desperate, underpaid workers. Add in the fact that there will be close to 5M children living in officially designated poverty by the end of this parliament and I struggle to see how you can say that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Would completely depend on the customer segment I was selling to. But are you implying immigrants only work in menial roles or that Sir Albion works in that industry?

Possibly wrong but I thought you had stated you had a cleaner in a different thread. If that's the case is she/he employed because he/she is a team player/bright or because they are cheap?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe in your industry, but those I know will look for the brightest, most able proactive team players.

My company is doing the same as you but now trying to bend the rules to employ them as "Apprentices " so they can pay them a lower rate of pay. This is shop work by the way, not Carpentry, or Engineering or any thing you can actually call a "trade ".... just a cynical attempt to make more cash for already rich owners.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It would be selling a service, which is what cleaners do. Happy to coach you on the basics on commerce

Do you charge or is it free? So you do sell people really then. Management or whatever you call it or perhaps taking advantage. Could be all of those or none I guess.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Possibly wrong but I thought you had stated you had a cleaner in a different thread. If that's the case is she/he employed because he/she is a team player/bright or because they are cheap?

Missed your response to my question but to show you the respect you didnt show, she is employed because she is very good and trustworthy. She is not cheap, no

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My company is doing the same as you but now trying to bend the rules to employ them as "Apprentices " so they can pay them a lower rate of pay. This is shop work by the way, not Carpentry, or Engineering or any thing you can actually call a "trade ".... just a cynical attempt to make more cash for already rich owners.

Not close to your sector but the government has just incentivised apprenticeship and so many companies are now tagging people as that to avoid tax. In the round probably the right thing but for sure will be abused, perhaps in your company

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bloody EU, it will all be better after march 2019.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Bloody EU, it will all be better after march 2019.

It's not just the EU's fault really (the institution) Millions, to paraphrase Hillary, think it's/their supporters who are the real tools! Lots of people hate the ideas of the EU and the supporters of it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here