Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well,I got almost the same rate as last year,so what are you gibbering on about?

No you didn't, cheerio. exchange.png

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
you should have gone to specsavers.then you might have seen he talks about negotiations between us and the german government.Do you need a very large font for future posts,or have you booked an appointment?

Be sarcastic if you like but you're misinterpreting this. The negotiations will not be between Germany and Britain - they will be between the EU and Britain. It was this negotiation that Schaeuble was referring to, a negotiation in which the German government, as part of the EU, will play its part.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:Just bought some Euros for my next holiday before they mine our ports and bomb the airports.15%?

Good work! Me and the missus moved all our savings out just before the referendum. I don't want to go into too many details but she had to move her inheritance just before as well. These are the smartest financial moves we've ever made. Otherwise we'd be looking at our money depreciating day by day. Now it just grows. I'd preferred if the UK had remained in the EU but on a personal level it's been quite beneficial.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Good work! Me and the missus moved all our savings out just before the referendum. I don't want to go into too many details but she had to move her inheritance just before as well. These are the smartest financial moves we've ever made. Otherwise we'd be looking at our money depreciating day by day. Now it just grows. I'd preferred if the UK had remained in the EU but on a personal level it's been quite beneficial.

You do realise that Harold Wilson's grandson will now be on here saying that the pound in your pocket hasn't been affected by the crash in the currency - "nothing to do with Brexit by the way" - and you will only lose out if you have any sort of fiscal relationship with the rest of the world and why should anyone want that and anyway it's about time we Brits stood on our own two feet and remembered who we are?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Doesn't this show that this is the very moment when the UK could have hugely strengthened its power within the EU and the world? We're choosing the exact wrong time to get out of the EU.

Wishful thinking. Part of the reason for current EU soul searching is down to Brexit. If we had voted Remain I am 100% sure the decision would have been interpreted as a validation of the EU and its current direction of travel. If we couldn't persuade them to consider significant reform with the threat of Brexit why would they bother listening/changing direction when they know we are locked in for the foreseeable future?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wishful thinking. Part of the reason for current EU soul searching is down to Brexit. If we had voted Remain I am 100% sure the decision would have been interpreted as a validation of the EU and its current direction of travel. If we couldn't persuade them to consider significant reform with the threat of Brexit why would they bother listening/changing direction when they know we are locked in for the foreseeable future?
Absolutely this. The EU would have considered a remain vote to be a total endorsement of all they were doing, and would have pressed on even harder towards total union, an EU army, etc, with even less consideration of the UK's wishes than before. That's why it was vital for our children's futures that we voted to leave.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Absolutely this. The EU would have considered a remain vote to be a total endorsement of all they were doing, and would have pressed on even harder towards total union, an EU army, etc, with even less consideration of the UK's wishes than before.

The best we could have hoped for was our usual grumpy relative role. Opting out of more and more of the bits we don't like, possibly leading a small minority group of Second tier member states as the majority forge ahead with ever closer union. No thanks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The best we could have hoped for was our usual grumpy relative role. Opting out of more and more of the bits we don't like, possibly leading a small minority group of Second tier member states as the majority forge ahead with ever closer union. No thanks.
More and more opt outs? No chance! The EU would have just turned round and said, 'Your electorate has just given us a ringing endorsement - your carping isn't representative of your electorate, so suck it up and sign here'.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good moaning, it's a beautiful day.

Moaning to u too,it is,albeit a slightly colder day than one would hope but that's neither here nor there.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

If you are indeed 100 per cent sure that a narrow Remain majority coupled with incendiary threats from puce-faced leave activists and continued creaks and rumbles from around the union would have had no effect on the future direction of the EU then I can only envy you your absolute certainty and respectfully say I disagree with you.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's why it was vital for our children's futures that we voted to leave.

Seeing you express this honourable and legitimate view somehow worries me. Not because I disagree with you, or disbelieve you, but because I voted remain for EXACTLY the same reason. There is such a gulf in our country.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Now Trump is insisting that all countries in the EU pay there fair share into Nato things could get interesting as 22 don't pay much at all. Germany could be pumping billions extra in just to save face

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Now Trump is insisting that all countries in the EU pay there fair share into Nato things could get interesting as 22 don't pay much at all. Germany could be pumping billions extra in just to save face

Trump is insisting that every country whether or not it's a member of the EU pays an appropriate GDP-based share. It is difficult to argue against.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Trump is insisting that every country whether or not it's a member of the EU pays an appropriate GDP-based share. It is difficult to argue against.

Which we know they will not as they have been avoiding it for years anyway. There are however 22 countries in the EU who are not paying there fair share that is fact

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If you are indeed 100 per cent sure that a narrow Remain majority coupled with incendiary threats from puce-faced leave activists and continued creaks and rumbles from around the union would have had no effect on the future direction of the EU then I can only envy you your absolute certainty and respectfully say I disagree with you.

I only base my view on all past available evidence. Euro crisis ... carry on regardless, migrant crisis ... carry on regardless, the rise of political extremism across Europe ... carry on regardless, vote for Brexit ... carry on regardless?

I would be interested to know why you think the EU would have changed direction if we had stayed in. Please show your workings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here