Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or it could be that you post inaccurate details, refuse to accept that it is wrong, fail to answer questions, read something into a post that isn't actually there..................

And is happy to dish it out the abuse but gets upset when he gets, merely, questioned.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
For trade yes, one block, with 27 nations able to voice an opinion, and there are concerns for every nation in those negotiations, which is one reason they take a while. But we are also going to be discussing the right to remain for Uk citizens living in the EU and vice versa, the terms on future workers coming and going, and passporting or something similar for financial services. There is a bit more to this one.

Wasn't the passport issue one of the 1st things they wanted to deal with.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
respectfully,
i think you are missing the point.
The commons will vote on the "agreed" deal,that is to say when the other side have accepted the terms
after following their own process, that is after The Council agree by qualified majority and get the consent from the European Parliament.

it would be a bit silly having our commons vote on the deal before the other side had agreed its terms

I respectfully disagree, I suspect it will be put before both, and we are likely to be quicker at determining if it is a goer or not.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So basically you admit to online bullying and these are your reasons.

No if something is factually wrong then whywould you let it go. Its just that some people post inaccurate detail far more than others. Its not just a view ir opinion where people will obviously differ.
But if someone posts for example that x number if people are thrown out of a country per month when in fact x is the annual figure what would you do. Ignore it or say there is an error?

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Over 2.5k pages? Some of you lot need to turn it in, is there nothing better you could be doing with your time?

There is a whole world out there to explore, and you choose to spend forever and a day re-hashing the same old shite arguments with the same old mugs who couldn't care less about your stupid opinion, anymore than you care about theirs. No minds will be changed, no argument will be "won"

Go outside, turn off notifications and get a life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No if something is factually wrong then whywould you let it go. Its just that some people post inaccurate detail far more than others. Its not just a view ir opinion where people will obviously differ.
But if someone posts for example that x number if people are thrown out of a country per month when in fact x is the annual figure what would you do. Ignore it or say there is an error?

Quite. And when someone posts something in a chat room I think it's perfectly fair to ask questions of it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
HSBC has announced 1000 jobs moving to Paris taking 5% of their turnover

2015/2016 tax year the UKs banks provided 25% of the U.Ks disposable income

Just imagine that all the UKs banks follow the lead of HSBC and take 5% of the tax out of our system

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was some guy on the BBC think he owned some sort of carrot picking/packaging firm. He was complaining believe it or not about migrants returning home and the fact that he now had to pay higher wages to entice the locals to fill the vacancies. Proves a point I suppose about wages being surpressed by unskilled migrants

Yet larus is bigging up the average wage increase in the UK, I personally think all the increase has come from those at the top, and those at the very bottom due to minimum wage increases. Most of the population is worse off.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
No No No,That wasnt the right answer. Do you really really really want The United Kingdom to remain a member of The European Union or leave The European Union. We will keep coming back again until you say remain.
We must agree to disagree about what drove many people, people with zero interest in politics, to vote as they did. Meanwhile, I hope you didn't spend too much time on your spoof question.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Sorry but that's utter rubbish. You don't just proffer an opinion when challenged you go out of your way to bait him and accuse him of all sorts. None of these posts below by you are replying directly to a Soulman post but to another poster's comment. You're just getting massive digs in when you can - and all of these are within the last few days.

But you should be rejoicing he has actually answered a question - the wrong one but miracles dont happen very often

Being too modest 'might' should be replaced with 'will'

Welcome to the [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] world of not answering questions and using the its in the future defence

Another unanswered question?

and on and on and on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
HSBC has announced 1000 jobs moving to Paris taking 5% of their turnover

2015/2016 tax year the UKs banks provided 25% of the U.Ks disposable income

Just imagine that all the UKs banks follow the lead of HSBC and take 5% of the tax out of our system

Nothing immediate, but it will bolster the French in calling for a deal that excludes at least some financial services. I am starting to think they will let clearing go for now, but come for it later.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sorry but that's utter rubbish. You don't just proffer an opinion when challenged you go out of your way to bait him and accuse him of all sorts. None of these posts below by you are replying directly to a Soulman post but to another poster's comment. You're just getting massive digs in when you can - and all of these are within the last few days.

and on and on and on.

I cant be bothered to go back over page after page to prove otherwise or where your comments are reversed.
But to keep you happy I have banned myself from this thread.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I cant be bothered to go back over page after page to prove otherwise or where your comments are reversed.
But to keep you happy I have banned mtself from this thread.

:flounce: see u tomorrow then :wave:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
:lolol: its funny, remainers spent so much energy talking about how EU is a single trade block in negotiations, now want to claim theres going to be 27 countries to negotiate with. which is it? there will be a negotiation with the EU's designated man, the EU members have to ratify it, which they will be told to do, as happens with EU.

You really are clutching at straws aren't you? The negotiations will be with one body, the EU. If just one of the 27 other nations think the deal offered to the UK is too generous they can veto it, end of deal. The Maltese have already drawn a line in the sand saying that WHATEVER the deal is, it must be inferior to being part of the club. Good luck everyone.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

and on and on and on.
I don't like bullying at all but in fairness this seems quite mild compared to the stuff PPF and others (Maldini?) spew out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here