View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

220 62.50%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

132 37.50%
Page 4 of 3157 FirstFirst 123456714541045041004 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you believe that we should have the final say on UK policy and legislative matters, through our own elected parliament, then vote OUT.

If you think that 23million per day ( NET: after our allowances and rebate) could be better spent here in this country, vote OUT.
    If you believe that it's not worth depressing our economy and waiting for a 20 year period before we reset to present norms, vote IN.

If you recognize that meaningful policies such as the Living Wage are totally in the hands of nationally elected politicians vote IN.

The roads will not be paved with gold just by voting out. That's not how meaningful change happens. Don't swallow the smokescreen lies and emotional hubris peddled by the leave camp. The EU is not perfect; it needs changing; but even as it is, we are stronger within it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Either that wallpaper goes or I do

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      Really, which ones? Which jobs that the poorest do will be lost?
      Pretty much every sector reliant on the supply chain and indirect sales that come from serving that horrible big business stuff.

It's the way of the world.

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      If you believe that it's not worth depressing our economy and waiting for a 20 year period before we reset to present norms, vote IN.

If you recognize that meaningful policies such as the Living Wage are totally in the hands of nationally elected politicians vote IN.

The roads will not be paved with gold just by voting out. That's not how meaningful change happens. Don't swallow the smokescreen lies and emotional hubris peddled by the leave camp. The EU is not perfect; it needs changing; but even as it is, we are stronger within it.

I am voting out on what I know, on a fact that democracy and self rule are reduced significantly under EU rules. I am also voting out because 23 million per day ( NET) CAN be better spent here.

You reasoning is subjective, a view with as many opposite views as there are similar views,.... I cannot gamble with ifs and maybes, I prefer to act on boiled down facts.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      I'm voting OUT because this is once in a lifetime opportunity to make a change for the good. Feel like there is a grey cloud over the UK at the moment, and will never shift all the time we are being told what to do by Brussels. I want my borders back under control, I feel like the UK is becoming too over populated and that's not good for anyone. I want some space.

0 Not allowed!
      Really, which ones? Which jobs that the poorest do will be lost?
      Genuinely Out of interest what is it about the EU that you're desperate to be a part of?
      My job is based entirely on EU environmental legislation for a start!

But people bang on and on about the cost of the EU being x million per week, without talking about what it is spent on. For example road building projects in the poorest parts of Cornwall and Scotland, and the West Quay development in Newhaven [and elsewhere in Europe, such as in Andalucia]. Would the UK Government have put money into these projects rather than keeping it in London? Would they ****.

But for me, I'm just happy with the way things are. I believe fundamentally in breaking down barriers, in unity, not desolation and devolution.

And no, the EU isn't perfect, far from it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      Fire the Nuclear Weapons! Bladders's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      Pretty much every sector reliant on the supply chain and indirect sales that come from serving that horrible big business stuff.

It's the way of the world.

So are you saying we'll no longer trade with Europe if we vote out?
      Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      I'm voting OUT because this is once in a lifetime opportunity to make a change for the good. Feel like there is a grey cloud over the UK at the moment, and will never shift all the time we are being told what to do by Brussels. I want my borders back under control, I feel like the UK is becoming too over populated and that's not good for anyone. I want some space.
      OK, to respond to your points, what, in particular do you not like being told to do by Brussels?

And what effect do you think leaving the EU will have on our borders (answer: none)
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
      I am voting out on what I know, on a fact that democracy and self rule are reduced significantly under EU rules. I am also voting out because 23 million per day ( NET) CAN be better spent here.

You reasoning is subjective, a view with as many opposite views as there are similar views,.... I cannot gamble with ifs and maybes, I prefer to act on boiled down facts.
      It's very very far from subjective. It's based on cold data. It's based on the risk analysis that has been carried out by the major accountancy firms.

I can be subjective if you like and talk about my belief that as Europeans we are better together, but the hit the economy will take and the fact that the rich will be least impacted by that is just based on the numbers.

2 Not allowed!
      Genuinely Out of interest what is it about the EU that you're desperate to be a part of?
      Purely from a selfish short-termist point of view:

- I want to be able to work anywhere in the EU, there are some amazing cities and countries that I would like to spend extended periods of time in.
      - I don't want my savings to be devalued compared to other currencies as the will inevitably drop significantly in the event of a brexit.
      - I don't want to stand in the incredibly long 'rest of world' passport queues at European airports.

I'm willing to pay the 138 a year for the privileges of that membership.

The EU institution clearly has problems but you need strong leaders in that organisation to reform it, not hand more economic and political power to the other large EU nations.
      Fire the Nuclear Weapons! Bladders's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      My job is based entirely on EU environmental legislation for a start!

But people bang on and on about the cost of the EU being x million per week, without talking about what it is spent on. For example road building projects in the poorest parts of Cornwall and Scotland, and the West Quay development in Newhaven [and elsewhere in Europe, such as in Andalucia]. Would the UK Government have put money into these projects rather than keeping it in London? Would they ****.

But for me, I'm just happy with the way things are. I believe fundamentally in breaking down barriers, in unity, not desolation and devolution.

And no, the EU isn't perfect, far from it.
      So the EU makes are government spend money in Cornwall? and if it wasn't for the EU Cornwall would be a wasteland?

Sorry if I sound facetious, I'm not intending to be. Could you expand on it a bit?
      Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango!