Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We'll need to borrow £18bn from someone just to settle the divorce settlement, that's before the stimulus to avoid a recession. Strange times...

Maybe we could borrow it from the ECB.Oh,no,they've loaned it all to Greece.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Although I strongly defend human rights I do recognise the merits of alternate beliefs. Your posts for example present a consistent and compelling argument for euthanasia.

Whole body euthanasia?What's it called when only the brain is put to sleep?Diegonasia?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh well,it's Friday,I'm off to Barcelona.Please play nicely in my absence.:lolol::cheers::thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thats not fair, unfortunately you choose not read your own words, you want to associate the drop in its value to our future economic prospects due to Brexit, when actually it is partly due to Brexit through future uncertainties, it doesnt follow that its current level is any viable indicator to our economies future prospects.

You have said prior and since the referendum that you expect that the UK's economy will collapse, fall off a cliff and other emotive language and it just hasnt happened, you sit in Berlin offering tiresome judgements on us back in the UK whilst on your own doorstep you have your own poilitical and civil crisis.

You scavenge around for any perceived bad econimc data to prop up your view on an imminent UK collapse, our economy grew by 0.5% this quarter post Brexit, how did that happen, no doubt you will push your own forecasting further upstream yet again .......

Correct, although are you surprised, this is our expert in Germany who stated Labour with a 7 point lead would win the election, very vocal and sure we would Remain, and Corbyn was Labour's saviour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well,what do you know?Wrong,yet again.Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian for engineering.

What do I know? Only yesterday I was talking to a German Biology student who is doing her thesis in English. This afternoon I'm talking/presenting to a bunch of Dutch students in English. I know enough.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
well you are going next month and consider the exchange rate worthwhile to do a bit of stocking up,the exact same rate in 6 months time will put you off how?

make loads of trips to Europe and always stock up on cheap smokes.
Brexit has given me the last incentive to pack it in knowing i will be limited to how many i can bring back when we leave.

i tried a couple of weeks ago to pack it in and failed....will now try a different approach and hope that succeeds,i know i will get it right and pack up smoking..........Brexit has possibly saved my life.......all hail brexit. :bowdown:

Sorry, I meant at the rate of current decline it will not be worth doing in 6 months....If it stayed as is til then it will still be doable but other costs will have to be factored in like will the ferry crossing cost increase due to the upcoming rise in fuel prices plus the fuel to get to Dover and beyond and back... remember, in 6 months May will trigger brexit which could cause similar currency collapses to the collapse in June. and that really would be game over.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sorry, I meant at the rate of current decline it will not be worth doing in 6 months....If it stayed as is til then it will still be doable but other costs will have to be factored in like will the ferry crossing cost increase due to the upcoming rise in fuel prices plus the fuel to get to Dover and beyond and back... remember, in 6 months May will trigger brexit which could cause similar currency collapses to the collapse in June. and that really would be game over.

Told you, suddenly pushing their discredited forecasting skills a little further upstream and into the future ;)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Correct, although are you surprised, this is our expert in Germany who stated Labour with a 7 point lead would win the election, very vocal and sure we would Remain, and Corbyn was Labour's saviour.

And you? In your own empty style I'll just defer to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] who owned your sorry arse a few days ago.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
so the same as Q3 2015, and above (sensible) forecasts of 0.3%. no doubt that will be spun negatively though.

The UK economy grew faster than expected in the three months after the Brexit vote, official figures have indicated.
The economy expanded by 0.5% in the July-to-September period, according to the Office for National Statistics.
That was slower than the 0.7% rate in the previous quarter, but stronger than analysts' estimates of 0.3%.
"There is little evidence of a pronounced effect in the immediate aftermath of the vote," the ONS said.
The economy was boosted by a strong performance from the services sector.
This is the first estimate of economic growth for the period, using less than half the data that will be used for the final estimate.

Think it's fair to say the treasury (and other 'experts') predictions of a Brexit induced short term recession are looking unlikely.

I wish they'd been a betting market available for the first 2 to come along to defend these figures, because I'd have put a fair few of the devaluing pounds in my pocket on it being you two. :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Nissan stay in Sunderland

Nissan have anounced that the new Qashqai is to be built in their existing factory in Sunderland after talks with PM Mrs May.
There would be a 10% surchage for exports with a hard Brexit, so what has the PM offered Nissan?
The exchange rate is good for exports right now but if this goes back to pre brexit levels what would happen.
Has the PM offered them a bribe (legally of course)?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nissan have anounced that the new Qashqai is to be built in their existing factory in Sunderland after talks with PM Mrs May.
There would be a 10% surchage for exports with a hard Brexit, so what has the PM offered Nissan?
The exchange rate is good for exports right now but if this goes back to pre brexit levels what would happen.
Has the PM offered them a bribe (legally of course)?

You've just made that up, haven't you?

You have no idea what the terms of a trade deal will be between the UK and EU.

Can you really see Germany wanting a 10% tariff on 800,000 cars they export to the UK??

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No, serious question.
If we get up and leave the EU there will be tarrifs. Right now we don't know what will happen. The fact that the PM has had a chat with Nissan after which Nissan are staying in the UK makes me wonder if some deal has already been made with the EU.
You say I don't know what the terms of a trade deal will be so are Nissan gambling, I doubt it.
Serious question.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here