Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA wheelchair team qualify for European Champions League - need to raise £5k ASAP!

BHAPFC

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks to everyone who has contributed! Now up to £1675!!!

Getting there........

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/BHAPFC

:smile:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Finally got around to donating. Best of luck to the Brighton team.

Just a thought but there's a fair few BHA related groups on Facebook - Goldstone Ground, Albion Roar etc. might be worth sharing on there too and get as wide a Brighton-supporting audience as possible.

Jul 7, 2003
BREAKING NEWS: I believe our all conquering POWERCHAIR team have been selected to play in their official competition (knock out tournament) in Denmark in 2-3 weeks (and have a decent shout at bringing back the cup with big ears!)

A convoy of vans will be heading to Denmark a la The Italian Job. Funds are tight (rules are the club, AITC etc cannot contribute) so I'm sure an appeal will be forthcoming and people will give what we can to ensure our team can meet the costs of competing (petrol, hotels, food...it's a lot to get 10+ chairs, 6 lads, helpers etc over there and back even with volunteers!)

But what a fantastic moment for these lads, coaches and everyone involved. Makes you proud by association: the first official club team to compete in the European Cup. Let's hope they bring it home for all of us (and Mr Bridger...now 'get a bloomin, move on, tickty boo, tickty boo' :) )

Well done

MY JUST GIVING LINK HERE https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=nyVPeQ4Xn

Done - good luck to all those involved

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I notice an REMF badge on one of the lads wheelchairs - I take it this is a cause we've helped previously via REMF? Fantastic cause and all the best. I follow on Twitter so will be keeping up to date as always. Seeeeeeeagulls!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FAO [MENTION=26354]BHAPFC[/MENTION]

Hi
Can I just ask if you'd mind confirming something that I touched on earlier in the thread that may have a significant bearing on your fundraising and one which wasn't responded to.

The Albion's official site states:

'BHAPFC are one of two powerchair teams run by Albion in the Community and compete in the country’s top division.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...he-community-3298898.aspx#Awv2txPoUSuDtG0l.99'

As such, I'd like to ask whether BHAPFC qualify (through Registered Charity AITC) for Gift Aid? It's quite important, because if BHAPFC do qualify, you'd only need to raise £4000 instead of £5000, as anybody pledging money could just ask for Gift aid to be applied to their donation, in which case their donation would be boosted by 25%. Not sure if Gift Aid could be applied retrospectively for donations already made, but seems to me WELL worth fully exploring this possibility, if only for future donations.

Very best of luck :thumbsup:

BHAPFC

Nov 26, 2012
FAO [MENTION=26354]BHAPFC[/MENTION]

Hi
Can I just ask if you'd mind confirming something that I touched on earlier in the thread that may have a significant bearing on your fundraising and one which wasn't responded to.

The Albion's official site states:

'BHAPFC are one of two powerchair teams run by Albion in the Community and compete in the country’s top division.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...he-community-3298898.aspx#Awv2txPoUSuDtG0l.99'

As such, I'd like to ask whether BHAPFC qualify (through Registered Charity AITC) for Gift Aid? It's quite important, because if BHAPFC do qualify, you'd only need to raise £4000 instead of £5000, as anybody pledging money could just ask for Gift aid to be applied to their donation, in which case their donation would be boosted by 25%. Not sure if Gift Aid could be applied retrospectively for donations already made, but seems to me WELL worth fully exploring this possibility, if only for future donations.

Very best of luck :thumbsup:

Hi Tom, apologies for not responding to your previous message.

We are run by AITC, they pay for all our training and league affiliations costs, which doesn't come cheap!

This fundraising campaign is for the players as stated on the JustGiving page. In order for the money to go directly to the players it cannot go through AITC.

Please be aware that this is not an official Albion in the Community fundraising appeal and that any money donated will go directly to the players to pay for their personal travel and accommodation and not towards the on-going running costs of the powerchair team, which is funded by Albion in the Community.

Hopefully this clears it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Tom, apologies for not responding to your previous message.

We are run by AITC, they pay for all our training and league affiliations costs, which doesn't come cheap!

This fundraising campaign is for the players as stated on the JustGiving page. In order for the money to go directly to the players it cannot go through AITC.

Please be aware that this is not an official Albion in the Community fundraising appeal and that any money donated will go directly to the players to pay for their personal travel and accommodation and not towards the on-going running costs of the powerchair team, which is funded by Albion in the Community.

Hopefully this clears it up.

Thanks for your response [MENTION=26354]BHAPFC[/MENTION]. Hope you took my query in the absolute spirit it was intended, just didn't want you to miss out on a potential 25% Gift Aid bonus to your fund raising. Cheers and the very best of luck! :thumbsup:

BHAPFC

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for your response [MENTION=26354]BHAPFC[/MENTION]. Hope you took my query in the absolute spirit it was intended, just didn't want you to miss out on a potential 25% Gift Aid bonus to your fund raising. Cheers and the very best of luck! :thumbsup:

No problem. Absolutely, the help is appreciated!

Thanks again to everyone who is supporting us! The response has been unbelievable!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Done. All the best.

What I like about it, is after watching the video, which had some cracking goals btw, you can see the skills the players have at their disposal. Greet to see.

BHAPFC

Nov 26, 2012
Done. All the best.

What I like about it, is after watching the video, which had some cracking goals btw, you can see the skills the players have at their disposal. Greet to see.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll be able to get some footage of the Champions Cup!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here