This international break: England v ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Preston then Wolves.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I would happily see the International Break disappear and never reappear. Who's with me?
What doesn't help is that England are such abject failures with the ever-growing suspicion that most of the players simply are not that bothered, with their riches to cushion their pampered existence. If it were to be scrubbed, how would the group stages for the World Cup be played? Like most on here, I am not sure who England are playing and really don't care. Very sad state of affairs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Malta, I'm heading to the game.

Cheap tickets in the family end. When my youngest hits 16 I may not bother anymore, unless they stop selecting premier league glory boys.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Malta, I'm heading to the game.

Cheap tickets in the family end. When my youngest hits 16 I may not bother anymore, unless they stop selecting premier league glory boys.

Good luck to you and it would be a good opportunity for the kids to see Wembley at least, and presumably they are unburdened with the sense of deja vu, which affects the oldies who have had to endure such numbing mediocrity for so long.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What doesn't help is that England are such abject failures with the ever-growing suspicion that most of the players simply are not that bothered, with their riches to cushion their pampered existence. If it were to be scrubbed, how would the group stages for the World Cup be played? Like most on here, I am not sure who England are playing and really don't care. Very sad state of affairs.

let stop making it all about the players money, if we dont care why would they? the lacklustre interest in internationals has been around a while, a decade or so? the players grew up with that. its just not as big thing. reading something the other day pointed out that the national jobs arent getting the very top managers these days either, they want to manage top of the league and Champions League teams. thats the gold standard now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good luck to you and it would be a good opportunity for the kids to see Wembley at least, and presumably they are unburdened with the sense of deja vu, which affects the oldies who have had to endure such numbing mediocrity for so long.

We have been loads. Still like Wembley, right up to kick off.

And it's cheaper than a typical Brighton away game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok I'll buck the 'trend'....

Come on England!!!!!!!

Anyone who doesn't know, it takes 2secs to find out, so it's really not that cool :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People moaning about international break which has handed our most influential player an extra 2 weeks rest from his injury... Every cloud...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I regard each "International Break" as nothing more than an annoying spoiler that far too frequently disrupts our league campaign.
Christ on a bike. England? Who cares?

I do :wave: Last time I checked I wasn't Scottish or a plastic who gives up on my team I was born with after 1 bad result :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm with you on this, I'm calling MALTA as one of them.

You can call the second one and get it wrong, with no attachment to me. :)
Well having read some of this thread, I think you're right. Scotland are in our group I think, but someone would have said if it was them, so I'll guess Slovakia (might have seen them mentioned in the thread).

I really couldn't give a shit to be honest, particularly as the WC is in Russia.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I do :wave: Last time I checked I wasn't Scottish or a plastic who gives up on my team I was born with after 1 bad result :thumbsup:

Good on you. England might be shite but well, they're OUR shite. Like hell am I buying a Germany shirt and cheering them on at the next tournament just because they're good. That's not what footy is all about is it.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I will have to double check what days and times the games are on but I'll definitely be watching, it's England, come on..!

I think a big part of the confusion with what days the games are is because the fixtures are now spread out from Thursday to Wednesday, in the past it was pretty much guaranteed that the games would be on a Saturday and a Wednesday.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

http://www.football365.com/news/my-plan-to-solve-international-break-problem

This bloke is at least thinking about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here