Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Drinking tea in the evening

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few years ago, I'd have a cup of tea about once every two months or so.

Then I started having a cup on weekend mornings.

Then I started having a cup most mornings, and then multiple cups in a morning.

But just now I walked into the kitchen and though "oooooh, I fancy a cup of tea". This has never happened at this hour before.

Is this a journey travelled by many? Is it just a getting older thing? Will I be eyeing up cocoa in the supermarket soon?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You're just getting old mate - embrace it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you'll find you're just way behind the curve. Frankly, anyone who is British and doesn't drink cup after cup of tea at every given opportunity is a prick.

Never trust a man who doesn't like football - we all know that. But equally, never trust a Brit who doesn't like a nice cup of tea. Remember these wise words.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
You need to get back to work fella. Tea is just filling a space in your life.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Funny thing, but hot drinks, tea, coffee et al. have ever been my thing, except perhaps very rarely, a hot chocolate before I go to bed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think you'll find you're just way behind the curve. Frankly, anyone who is British and doesn't drink cup after cup of tea at every given opportunity is a prick.

Never trust a man who doesn't like football - we all know that. But equally, never trust a Brit who doesn't like a nice cup of tea. Remember these wise words.

But I do [like a nice cup of tea].

It's the way it's creeping further and further into my day that is curious. Lunchtime has been my tea cut-off, bar the off exception, for quite some time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Truer words have never been spoken.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But I do [like a nice cup of tea].

It's the way it's creeping further and further into my day that is curious. Lunchtime has been my tea cut-off, bar the off exception, for quite some time.
Oh I know you do. You're just getting wiser with old age. That's why you're drinking more tea, the non alcoholic beverage of British champions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it just a getting older thing?
No!

I bloody love tea (even when I was young), and am of course having some right now.

Will I be eyeing up cocoa in the supermarket soon?
What, now that you've found tea? Don't be silly.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I have settled into a standard routine so can't see myself following your trend. 2 mugs of ground bean filter coffee at breakfast, about 6 mugs of tea throughout the day and a final hot chocolate/coffee when the rest of the office go home at 5.15. Used to be a couple of beers at home most nights but I have managed to replace those with a couple of non alcoholic Becks Blues

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have settled into a standard routine so can't see myself following your trend. 2 mugs of ground bean filter coffee at breakfast, about 6 mugs of tea throughout the day and a final hot chocolate/coffee when the rest of the office go home at 5.15. Used to be a couple of beers at home most nights but I have managed to replace those with a couple of non alcoholic Becks Blues

Blimey - that's some going.

I don't like coffee so that never features for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, I'm enjoying my tea more every since a Sri Lankan client bought me back a Dilmah 100 bag 10 variety selection. Instant coffee can do one!

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
The start of the day usually involves just under a litre of tea split between two mugs made at the same time, one pre shower and one post shower. Then throughout the day I drink anywhere between 3 or 6 mugs while at work.

Rarely drink it in the evenings though as I find it keeps me awake but now that you've mentioned it I need to go and put the kettle on.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Halfway through my Ninth mug of the day.:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here