Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Support

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
In my view probably the most passionate, loudest, and most unexpected Albion support was at Fulham just after Christmas in 2014. We were deep in relegation do-do, Hyypia had just left the building, Nathan Jones was left holding the reins. It was as if someone had flicked the switch and there was this unbelievable bond between the team and the fans.

Ring of Fire will never be so good again after that night! :albion2:

Great crowd as was the away following a week or so later at Charlton. The fulham game in question i got a zip im the eye where a friend thought it was a good idea to swing his jacket round his head as he had no scarf.

As for passion and belief Wednesday in the playoffs in the first leg was amazing to be part of. 4 players injured and losing. But as a group we refused to give up and sung our hearts out well past the final
Whistle. That night will stay with me for a long time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I bought my first OAP season ticket this year which I was particularly looking forward to as it's quite a bit cheaper and brings me in line with my brother who goes with me and is 75.

I used do go on occasion to the goldstone in my youth but playing stopped me from being a regular. Then when I stopped playing, mainly in the county league reserves or Sussex sunday league I went into the admin side. I've put in over 40 years in local football but the Amex was too god to miss. Now absolutely love my away days.

Never went to Gillingham or the Withdean but full of admiration for all those that did
Ah! so you ARE someone who hasn't been since the Goldstone in about 1980! :) Fair play to you and thanks for your reply.

Looking forward to my OAP ticket too as I'm 60 next year. I'm not sure what age they start though, but I hope it's earlier than Brighton Council's free bus passes!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah! so you ARE someone who hasn't been since the Goldstone in about 1980! :) Fair play to you and thanks for your reply.

Looking forward to my OAP ticket too as I'm 60 next year. I'm not sure what age they start though, but I hope it's earlier than Brighton Council's free bus passes!

Unfortunately it's 65, not 60. It changed 7 years ago.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
How old are you and what did you do before the Amex era may I ask? That's a genuine polite and well-intentioned enquiry. Anybody with half a brain (and yes sadly that does rule out some on here) knows we had to expand the fanbase from the Withdean faithful - and the increased numbers aren't all people who haven't been to see the Albion since the Goldstone in 1980. I'm genuinely interested in the background of newer fans, and we all had to start sometime!

Let's say I now get my ST at the reduced rate at last
I was previously involved in an admin role with a County League club but when my nephew told me he wanted to buy his dad, my brother a ST for his 70th birthday and would I be interested it took me 30 seconds to decide. Now live in portslade and have lost contact with the County League but have really enjoyed the Albion

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Is there a chart out there or is someone clever enough to make one that shows how our support compares to other clubs based on the number of fan miles traveled?

For example, if it's 300 miles to Huddersfield and we take 1000, that would be 30000 fan miles.

Where as if it was 20 miles from Leeds to Huddersfield and they took 1000 they would only have 20000 fan miles.

I am guessing our figures would look quite good. The trip to MK last year would have looked quite special yet I;m sure SW would love to tell us how they would take 4000 to Barnsley which of course would underscore what an incredibly big club they are.

Some clubs have more supporters than us. It really doesn't matter and isn't important.

badger4

Sep 4, 2015
How old are you and what did you do before the Amex era may I ask? That's a genuine polite and well-intentioned enquiry. Anybody with half a brain (and yes sadly that does rule out some on here) knows we had to expand the fanbase from the Withdean faithful - and the increased numbers aren't all people who haven't been to see the Albion since the Goldstone in 1980. I'm genuinely interested in the background of newer fans, and we all had to start sometime!

Jumping in on this, I moved to Brighton 7 years ago where my partner now wife lived started supporting shortly after moving in.

Now go to every home match and about 10 away with a wife that likes football drinks pints and has an odd pie. HAPPY DAYS.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I don't get to many away games, but from memory, the only time I felt we were losing the volume war during the singing was at Boro in May. We were pretty loud, but there was a point where the home fans were cranking it up and I felt like we were up against the ropes!

Yep they were the loudest home fans I had heard in a while

el punal

Jumping in on this, I moved to Brighton 7 years ago where my partner now wife lived started supporting shortly after moving in.

Now go to every home match and about 10 away with a wife that likes football drinks pints and has an odd pie. HAPPY DAYS.

Would you introduce me to her? I have a feeling we would get on splendidly! :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here