Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard in full England squad

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not entirely sure a new manager, especially a caretaker one, should wield the broom with his first squad. The guys in possession should get first shot at keeping their place, there's plenty of time for others to impress

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Apart from a few fringe players that did not have much chance to prove themselves.....Everyone in that squad that have been in the last few major tournaments shouldn't be picked again. They haven't bothered putting in a shift in those tournaments so they shouldn't be considered again in my opinion. Trouble is, a fair few of them assume they are an automatic pick.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rooney should be in midfield and I'm going to be controversial and say that Charlie Austin deserves a call-up based on his goals in the last month. He's the man most likely to bag a hat-trick against the Maltese.

Can't believe that Jesse Lingard has made it. If he can, Austin finally deserves a chance after working his way up the divisions like Jamie Vardy and Rickie Lambert.

The Malta game isn't for another five days yet. Austin will be injured by then.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really pisses me off that just as Albion are on a bit of a roll of form, we are forced into yet another 'international break' so England can take on the mighty Malta alongside other rubbish international fixtures.
This. I hate internationals.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
That is an awful squad. It's Malta and Slovenia ffs, with respect to them let's blood some youngsters or try out the likes of Dann and Shawcross. What's the point in returning to old plodders like Jagielka and Johnson.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will ALWAYS be well-disposed to Lingard after his winner vs Palace in the Cup Final, but has he really done enough to warrant an England call-up? 4 goals in 29 Prem matches for Man Utd, 19 in 95 in his career - has it REALLY come to this?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I will ALWAYS be well-disposed to Lingard after his winner vs Palace in the Cup Final, but has he really done enough to warrant an England call-up? 4 goals in 29 Prem matches for Man Utd, 19 in 95 in his career - has it REALLY come to this?

He is only a young winger! Adding to that LVG played him often in a defensive role. We may find it odd that hes been called up, however at least he is the future unlike Cahill, Jags and Rooney who have all been terrible this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here