Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's clear that this victory means a great deal to you all, and rightly so. I guess you must feel how I would if the Owls went to the Nou Camp or the Bernabeu and triumphed. Lol Perhaps a statue of Hughton should be unveiled outside the Amex to mark the victory, coins minted, commemorative mugs produced. Who knows where it might lead? Ha ha. In fairness Brighton deserved to win, and the result doesn't really surprise me. Wednesday have been getting away with it for several home games this season, so against a good team like Brighton the Owls' luck was always likely to run out. Like Birmingham a few weeks ago, Brighton were keen to avenge previous defeats and simply wanted it more. Well done, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Despite the abuse you might get, I thank you for this post. at the second leg in May, to my surprise, I had a Sheff Wed fan next to me, though it was the home end and he was very pleasant chap. I am a bit surprised to read that SW have been getting \away with it for several home games with the attacking riches that you do have. I have to admit, that I was not hoping for much today, and if most Albion fans are honest, nor were they, so we will take this historic win gladly. . .
I wish you too all the best for the season and am sure that your team will be there or thereabouts.
PS you are not that fat chap who stands in all weathers with no shirt on, are you? . . . . :smile:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's just a shame there weren't more of us there today. It looked like just about the smallest away support so far this season.

Come on people sort yourselves out.

Anyone bump into the Massive Ultras at Hillsborough today?

attachment.php

Proclaimers tribute act surely?

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's just a shame there weren't more of us there today. It looked like just about the smallest away support so far this season.

Come on people sort yourselves out.[/QUOTE

While I accept that this might be understandably disappointing for you, there is such a thing as finances and time and don't forget that many will have been at Ipswich midweek. It as not so far for you to travel, and great that you were there -were you there midweek?

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016
Despite the abuse you might get, I thank you for this post. at the second leg in May, to my surprise, I had a Sheff Wed fan next to me, though it was the home end and he was very pleasant chap. I am a bit surprised to read that SW have been getting \away with it for several home games with the attacking riches that you do have. I have to admit, that I was not hoping for much today, and if most Albion fans are honest, nor were they, so we will take this historic win gladly. . .
I wish you too all the best for the season and am sure that your team will be there or thereabouts.
PS you are not that fat chap who stands in all weathers with no shirt on, are you? . . . . :smile:

Ha ha, no I'm not. But glad you accepted my tongue-in-cheek post as I intended it to be received. Personally, I don't think Wednesday will be in the promotion mix-up this season. The blueprint for a non-parachute club is Middlesborough, and I think that the Seagulls conform to that model far more closely than the Owls do. It was a good performance from Brighton today, founded on solid defensive play. An area where Wednesday are lacking.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Come on people sort yourselves out.[/QUOTE

While I accept that this might be understandably disappointing for you, there is such a thing as finances and time and don't forget that many will have been at Ipswich midweek. It as not so far for you to travel, and great that you were there -were you there midweek?

No, but I was at the Amex last week which is further to travel as I have a ST. With no game for two weeks and a 3.00 p.m game on a Sat which is easily done in one day I was just a little disappointed in the turn out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any idea why the baddie behind is pointing to the label on his sleeve ?
Stone Island, innit? Only proper 'ard nuts and Top Boys wear that clobber. [emoji38]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe you should have a word with your thin skinned moderator and tell him to tone down his vitriol; it just makes the win all the sweeter and him look more foolish.

"Say what ah like and like what ah say" sums them up. Like Dirty Leeds, they love to dish it out but start crying when on the receiving end. Pathetic.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, but I was at the Amex last week which is further to travel as I have a ST. With no game for two weeks and a 3.00 p.m game on a Sat which is easily done in one day I was just a little disappointed in the turn out.

And I saw your comment on Owlstalk.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"Say what ah like and like what ah say" sums them up. Like Dirty Leeds, they love to dish it out but start crying when on the receiving end. Pathetic.

That's not actually true. They've taken the beating by the better team on the chin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here