Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What plan did Johnson and Gove have then? They were in power and they campaigned to leave. "You don't get it do you?" I don't think you get that nobody had a plan.

Amazing levels of stupidity and insults chucked about on this thread when people are just making factual points.

Like you saying that the government have not got a clue . . .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Reduced Human Rights, less Employment Rights, less Health and Safety protection......you like that too ?

cant say ive noticed anyone proposing reducing our human rights, employment rights or health and safety protection when we have left the EU.
which parts of the above are already being considered for scrapping when we are free from the EU?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
scrapping the barrel here, a temporary proposition idea by a minister in 2012 for small business start ups.
do you have anything current factual and relative?

Amazing ... ! This is a quote from someone who came close to leading the Tory party, if this legislation had been invoked for small businesses it would have inevitably have been enlarged to include any business. This is the Tory/business mindset.. reduce costs to a minimum in order to make more money

. David Cameron forlornly hoped that encouraging business to prosper would lead to a trickling down of wealth to workers but unfortunately he had to remind bosses that " Britain deserves a pay rise "..(.link here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-tells-bosses-to-give-workers-a-pay-rise.html ) but, it never seems to happen..... as for " Scrapping the Barrel " .. I rather like barrels, they usually contain beer, beer that takes away a little bit of the pain of everyday existence these days......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How can there really be a plan, when EVERYTHING is down to negotiations? I despair at this constant crap from the Remainers saying there is no plan. There can't be a frigging plan, as it's unchartered territory. We have to negotiate with the EU.

Brexit could say: We are only going to agree to X & Y. EU say, that's unacceptable. So, the plan fails. So FFS, all you Remainers, stop going on about a plan, because there can never be a plan when there are other parties involved (well, 27 other countries to be exact, plus the ideologues of the EU who are so blind to the damage their EU plan is having on the continent),

A "plan" in terms of what they would aim to end up with......

....... But I totally agree, If we wanted to retain access to the single market, it would depend what conditions would be imposed, which would be subject to negotiation.

And if we want to withdraw totally, there would still be negotiation involved.

My own main concern is that people may have clear ideas of what they want to get out of it, whether Brexiters or Remainers, but it is all in the melting pot, and the uncertainty is likely to become more damaging all the time. For better or worse, the quicker we start sorting it out, the better, because then we at least would know where we stand and what we will have to deal with.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Whilst I feel they have been naive i do not want to see them punished. The government needs to be protect automotive manufacturing, this kind of stuff doesn't help...

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...british-cars-eu-brexit-vote-jaguar-land-rover

The Govt has no control over whether foreign companies decide to manufacture here or not. They can offer sweeteners but that's about it. I was talking to a client quite high up in Ford who told me that they will not be manufacturing engines in the U.K. In 10 years time due to world trade tariffs. That's a lot of jobs going.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, that's clearly what Brexit means. I still have major doubts that it will actually happen though
Why? Nothing has happened to indicate it won't happen. And nothing having happened isn't a sign that it won't, it makes sense to have delayed things.

... here's how it could pan out, imo, 2-4 months between each line

"We know you voted for Brexit. We're going to deliver it"
"There have to be some red lines in our leaving position. For example, we have to have free, unfettered access to the common market"
"We're negotiating hard to get our terms accepted by our partners"
"We're still negotiating and making significant progress"
"Still negotiating, think there's sign of a break through"
All sounds about right.

"Success!! Best of both worlds!!. We know that the main thing you were voting against was lack of control over our borders. We've managed to negotiate something that 'gives us back control', plus, and here's the good bit, if we stay in, we get to keep all the good bits too. See? Best of both worlds. We're staying in"
I can't see how they'd one day just tell us that we're staying in, despite us voting for Brexit and them constantly saying Brexit means Brexit. It's not going to happen.

I think it's more likely that we'll leave, but leaving will look very much like remaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here