Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
as to pro Brexit areas having low levels of immigration ,that's because they've seen what happens and would like to keep them that way

But your mantra on here is, You grew up in Brighton how can you know, I grew up in London, I know.

So, how do the people who live in areas of low immigration see what happens?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
But your mantra on here is, You grew up in Brighton how can you know, I grew up in London, I know.

So, how do the people who live in areas of low immigration see what happens?

People in low.areas.of immigration as you well know have access to various media , and as in mine and lots of other cases , move to low immigration areas from high immigration areas , simple really , so.simple that you already knew it.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When will people understand you SIMPLY cannot, should not and could not understand ANYTHING about immigration unless you ARE Alfred "the knowledge" Mizen, head of The Fairy Godfathers. There is no higher authority. See sense people.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
You're living with the effects of beneficial Immigration good for you, nobody has ever said we don't need any immigration , as to pro Brexit areas having low levels of immigration ,that's because they've seen what happens and would like to keep them that way and pro remain areas having high levels of immigration, well immigrants are hardly likely to vote for Brexit are they ?

Yes, I have been lucky but what you are saying is that people who have not had experience of immigration will often have negative impressions of it inevitably based on secondary information whilst the voter statistics on positive views on immigration based on first-hand experience will be distorted by the numbers of immigrants voting. This means that there is no way that existing figures can reflect a positive view of immigration on the part of the non-immigrant population. Isn't this playing tennis without the net?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes, I have been lucky but what you are saying is that people who have not had experience of immigration will often have negative impressions of it inevitably based on secondary information whilst the voter statistics on positive views on immigration based on first-hand experience will be distorted by the numbers of immigrants voting. This means that there is no way that existing figures can reflect a positive view of immigration on the part of the non-immigrant population. Isn't this playing tennis without the net?
No I don't think know it is playing tennis without the net to be honest , for every happy story like yours I think there are.a lot.more unhappy ones.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
When will people understand you SIMPLY cannot, should not and could not understand ANYTHING about immigration unless you ARE Alfred "the knowledge" Mizen, head of The Fairy Godfathers. There is no higher authority. See sense people.

Most of.you can't though , I have people who have never lived any where but sussex extolling the virtues of mass immigration and multiculturalism because they've been to the Notting Hill carnival or have a Muslim work colleague who is really nice.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I express.the views of someone who has lived with the effects of immigration , you express pink fluffy views , own it. :lolol: another shit phrase that you're using Google I your increasingly sad attempts at Insults.

I too live with the effects of immigration. Literally. My girlfriend wouldn't be here had her mother not come to the UK in the fifties.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
People in low.areas.of immigration as you well know have access to various media , and as in mine and lots of other cases , move to low immigration areas from high immigration areas , simple really , so.simple that you already knew it.

Those on here you agree with you say are spot on, even if they get it from the media? Those you don't agree with, you tell them they can't know.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
No I don't think know it is playing tennis without the net to be honest , for every happy story like yours I think there are.a lot.more unhappy ones.

Clearly we have different perceptions based on a number of factors and I think we could both select and interpret statistics to support our cases. My view is that it is lack of investment, lack of skills development etc that is the main cause of the genuine grievances that led to a leave vote and that migrants were largely a scapegoat. The irony is that in many of these areas, and I have direct experience of this, it is EU money that provides most of the continuous investment and in a way that was free from the whims and vanity projects of UK politicians.

I accept though that we are never going to agree on this

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Most of.you can't though , I have people who have never lived any where but sussex extolling the virtues of mass immigration and multiculturalism because they've been to the Notting Hill carnival or have a Muslim work colleague who is really nice.

It is intriguing that the two examples of cultural harmony you give here are related to non-EU immigration. Out of interest, where do you feel the most serious social problems of EU immigration have been created?

(I confess to a view that many people voted against EU immigration when their concern was actually with the cultural and other issues they believe are created by non-European immigration. A chap in our village voted Out specifically because of the number of black people he had met in London hospitals and I was told over the weekend that a niece living in London voted Out because of the number of Russians buying central London properties.)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It is intriguing that the two examples of cultural harmony you give here are related to non-EU immigration. Out of interest, where do you feel the most serious social problems of EU immigration have been created?

(I confess to a view that many people voted against EU immigration when their concern was actually with the cultural and other issues they believe are created by non-European immigration. A chap in our village voted Out specifically because of the number of black people he had met in London hospitals and I was told over the weekend that a niece living in London voted Out because of the number of Russians buying central London properties.)

Don't forget about the people who voted for Brexit on the basis of supposed 'islamification' and a desire to stop more Muslims coming in! :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't forget about the people who voted for Brexit on the basis of supposed 'islamification' and a desire to stop more Muslims coming in! [emoji38]ol:
Out of interest, why do you find that funny? My main reason for voting for Brexit was to regain sovereignty, something I've felt passionately about for all my adult life. If people felt that Brexit may reduce the Islamic influence in British life then surely it's a respectable political opinion whether it turns out true or false? No one should be forced to like any religion or culture that they don't wish to like.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Out of interest, why do you find that funny? My main reason for voting for Brexit was to regain sovereignty, something I've felt passionately about for all my adult life. If people felt that Brexit may reduce the Islamic influence in British life then surely it's a respectable political opinion whether it turns out true or false? No one should be forced to like any religion or culture that they don't wish to like.

How much 'Islamic influence' does being in the EU bring to British life?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here