Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton bigger club than Bournemouth?

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I think you need a fan base before you can actually call yourself a club.....living in New Milton which is not a million miles away from Bournemouth, you would never know a game is going on just down the road. The roads/trains are all very quite. where as go to Sussex on a match day, you know there is a game going on. Every road in and out of Brighton is Jammed, the trains are jammed........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just like Reading, Bournemouth are another club that are DESPERATE for someone to care about them enough to consider them rivals. Both should be aware by now that it's not going to be us..
Perhaps Bournemouth and Reading could start a rivalry....the tinpot derby or something.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What about Arsenal and Bournemouth, the two teams you like on Facebook?

I bet you never thought your 'small team' would make it to the same lofty heights as your 'Premier League team'. Which one do you support when they play each other?

attachment.php

:lolol:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Howe managed to keep Bournemouth in the Football League with minus 17 points and with only 14 players to choose from. He then got the club promoted to League One the following season without spending anything. He then came back and got the team from the bottom of League to the Championship within seven months. Then he managed to finish 10th in Bournemouths first season in the 2nd tier for a very long time. Where were the FFP rules during these times or were they just lucky?

By the way the players you sold to us in Cook and Elphick had nothing to do with FFP it was just poor judgement on your part!

Brighton are clearly obsessed with FFP and Infrastructure. Whats Brightons real excuse for not getting to the premier league in the years they have been in the 2nd tier?

Last reply from me. EH has clearly done exceptionally well at Bournemouth but nothing of note when he went to Burnley. He took you up but did so with the help of expenditure that ignored the rules. You can brush that aside if you wish but it remains a fact. I don't blame AFCB as it goes, if the punishment is a fine of a few million quid and you are backed by a Russian billionaire then why not just cheat? Don't hate the player, hate the game (or however it goes.)

Completely disagree about Tommy Elphick, we gave him a contract when he was injured because, put simply, Brighton is a good, fair club that rewards deserving cases. After that injury he was never going to be first choice and we were hardly going to stand in his way, especially as you offered him very generous terms. He has improved of course and is a decent, solid Championship centre back, which, incidentally, is why you have moved him on. Cook obviously had bundles of potential but he wanted to go and that is fair enough. You can only play who is best for you at any given time and Greer and El-Abd were exceptionally solid and Dunk is well ahead of SC and TE, regardless of what divisions we are in.

We require an excuse for not going up do we? It's not like we have gone into any season as favourites is it. However, if you want an excuse try using the part of your brain that deals with remembering stuff and go back to May.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Oh I had missed all that Arsenal fan stuff. You are one of those that handpicked a club until your local one became successful yeah? In that case, no interest in anything at all you have to say. Ever.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What about Arsenal and Bournemouth, the two teams you like on Facebook?
Which one do you support when they play each other?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Unlucky Inova, you sad tw@

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Since when did liking a team on Facebook make you supporter of a club? Just asking......

I could click like on Crystal Palace right now guess that means I'm suddenly a two club fan.

Anyway thanks for the debate didn't mean anything by it. Not trying to wind anybody up just was generally interested in peoples opinions.

I like this forum for what its worth it has alot of decent threads with interesting topics. Thought i would join a few months back to join in some discussions.

Just trying to defend my club which are called a bunch of cheats on this forum. I guess we should be thrown out the league for spending beyond our means and go back down to League Two.

Eddie Howe is also clearly a cheat as well with no coaching ability or management skills. He failed at Burnley ( A big club compared to us) so can't be any good. If it wasn't for the money then we would be in League Two still. I get it we are a small club who have been lucky and have cheated. Brighton are clearly far superior to us and always will be no matter what.

Cheers guys.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Since when did liking a team on Facebook make you supporter of a club? Just asking......

I could click like on Crystal Palace right now guess that means I'm suddenly a two club fan.

Anyway thanks for the debate didn't mean anything by it. Not trying to wind anybody up just was generally interested in peoples opinions.

I like this forum for what its worth it has alot of decent threads with interesting topics. Thought i would join a few months back to join in some discussions.

Just trying to defend my club which are called a bunch of cheats on this forum. I guess we should be thrown out the league for spending beyond our means and go back down to League Two.

Eddie Howe is also clearly a cheat as well with no coaching ability or management skills. He failed at Burnley ( A big club compared to us) so can't be any good. If it wasn't for the money then we would be in League Two still. I get it we are a small club who have been lucky and have cheated. Brighton are clearly far superior to us and always will be no matter what.

Cheers guys.
Your called cheats because you cheated the system to get your poxy little club in to the PL. I'm just glad I don't support Bournemouth and have to witness Howe's smug as **** face every Saturday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Cheers guys.

Are you 12?

Oh I did I mention that Bournemouth cheated to get to the Premier League?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never understood this "bigger club" debate. Who cares? If that was all that mattered we'd all support Real Madrid.

Ohhhh, this. A tiresome and most irritating debate. I've even pissed of with myself for bothering to make this entry even though it's one that's agreeing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Cheers guys.

I don't post on other teams forums- except about non contentious subjects that I need information for or would be relevant and interesting to those reading. Beyond that I can't see any point as we all know what starts a binfest. Really, I'm sure you have a better use for your time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree about the big club debate being boring.
I also have always disliked FFP. Ok it's a rule but clubs except us don't really take it seriously, and flaunt it to get to the premier league and it has always narked me that we stuck to it to the letter, others using us as a role model for it.
Ok Bournemouth cheated the system but went up and stayed there so they win, but it's only because of a weak PL recently that they managed to do that, go back a few years and they would have gone straight back down.
Other clubs have managed to stay within the rules and have managed to get everything right and get promoted, hopefully that's us this season.
Once in the PL there is so much money it's ridiculous and if you get relegated then you have the parachutes.
So do I wish we had cheated the system and was now in the PL with loads of dosh,or back in the Championship with all that money plus parachute payments having paid a poxy fine, yes you bet I do.
They should have made the penalty for not applying FFP much less affordable.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Howe managed to keep Bournemouth in the Football League with minus 17 points and with only 14 players to choose from.

You seem confused that people consider Bournemouth as having cheated?
Why do you think your club were docked 17 points . Because you went into administration after spending money you didn't have and it is my understanding that the points deduction is a punishment by footballs ruling body, as they feel you gained a financial advantage and therefore cheated. But I could be mistaken with this understanding. And by the way, like Palace you did it TWICE.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Would you say that now Bournemouth have reached the Premier League and managed to maintain their status for a season that they have overtaken us as a bigger club?

The attendances and Infrastructure at Brighton is obviously of a much higher standard, but in footballing terms Bournemouth surely have a much better manager, and have played better football for years.

When you are commuting between Brighton and Bournemouth on forums, try counting how many deck chairs there are on the relevant beaches.
I'll think you'll find that Brighton has more, so in summing up, Albion a bigger club ?????????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here