Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton bigger club than Bournemouth?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Since when did liking a team on Facebook make you supporter of a club? Just asking......

I could click like on Crystal Palace right now guess that means I'm suddenly a two club fan.

A two-club fan?

You said 'us' in reference to BHA.
You like Bournemouth and Arsenal on Facebook.

Which is your club, exactly?
Whichever is doing best in the leagues at the time?

With regards to Bournemouth being 'cheats'. They went £38m over-budget in the season they went up to the Premier League.
In its simplest form, that's having a massively unfair advantage over the other teams who played within the rules set to us.

- Answer just one question for me, if you would? Did you get promoted to the Premier League, fairly?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
This wasn't supposed to be trolling. It was a genuine question of why your clubs fans feel the need to call Bournemouth cheats on this forum?

I don't have a problem with Brighton, and I hope you reach the premier league next season. I hope Murray is doing the business for you and getting back to his best.

To call us cheats just because we were better than you and got promoted is truly pathetic.

Love Bournemouth the town had many many great times there New forest Christchurch Southbourne superb ,but your still a ****

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've got no problem with Bournemouth. I think it's great that the fans there who have supported them through thick and thin are now getting the opportunity to enjoy watching their team in the Premier League.

Obviously I'd like it to be us up there but I'm confident our time will come and I'm not bitter about it. I'm enjoying watching a very good Championship side and quite aware that as much as I'd love us to go up, the journey is generally considered the most enjoyable part of the achievement.

It's disapointing that so many Bournemouth fans seem to dislike us now, have always enjoyed my trips down there and chatting with the locals. Although I suspect it's mostly the young kids getting in a tiz. Just bloody enjoy it lads and stop giving a **** what we think.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Clearly nobody cares about Bournemouth on here, but somehow reached 10 posts in 10 minutes....

Just generally curious do Brighton fans still believe they are bigger and better than Bournemouth?

Bournemouth are called cheats on this forum quite frequently in various threads. People believe that the way the current system works is fair and that as long as you have a big stadium then its acceptable to spend what you like as a club, but because a smaller club wanted to compete thats cheating.

Don't see anybody calling Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Leicester City, Derby County cheats on this forum. They all spends tons of money more than us are they still cheats?

Yes we failed Financial Fair play, but can you seriously take the Football League Seriously when they have given relegated teams who have failed in the Premier League massive parachute payments to help them for years?

Bournemouth; a Premier League club who actually do not have a rival.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I think you need a fan base before you can actually call yourself a club.....living in New Milton which is not a million miles away from Bournemouth, you would never know a game is going on just down the road. The roads/trains are all very quite. where as go to Sussex on a match day, you know there is a game going on. Every road in and out of Brighton is Jammed, the trains are jammed........

You have shit trains..:) ...I mean that's common knowledge.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just generally curious do Brighton fans still believe they are bigger and better than Bournemouth?

Yes we do.

I think the main reason for us to believe this is that you will not find Brighton fans on a Bournemouth forum trying to get validation for their club.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Mate, I live in Bournemouth, work in Bournemouth and have seen a small resurgence in local interest in Bournemouth as a footy team, however in all seriousness you and I both know who is bigger and better. But the reality is that is not important - just support your team and let others get on with supporting theirs and leave the willy waving behind.

Up the Albion.

Thread now dead and buried - job done.......

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sadly yes. For an awfuly long time of course not it wasn't even close, but when they went up to the EPL, in the modern era of football since it was invented in the 90s then yes they have now edged ahead due to the massive skew. 1 year out of 40 odd isn't much to brag about though and I doubt in 3 years it will still be the case.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Since when did liking a team on Facebook make you supporter of a club? Just asking......

I could click like on Crystal Palace right now guess that means I'm suddenly a two club fan.

Anyway thanks for the debate didn't mean anything by it. Not trying to wind anybody up just was generally interested in peoples opinions.

I like this forum for what its worth it has alot of decent threads with interesting topics. Thought i would join a few months back to join in some discussions.

Just trying to defend my club which are called a bunch of cheats on this forum. I guess we should be thrown out the league for spending beyond our means and go back down to League Two.

Eddie Howe is also clearly a cheat as well with no coaching ability or management skills. He failed at Burnley ( A big club compared to us) so can't be any good. If it wasn't for the money then we would be in League Two still. I get it we are a small club who have been lucky and have cheated. Brighton are clearly far superior to us and always will be no matter what.

Cheers guys.

No, you'd be a three club fan.

You're well Inova your head.

I won't forget my coat on the way out.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Does any adult really care, or even worse, have pride in being a "bigger club than" x?

What defines the size of a club anyway? Attendances, league standing, history, finances, trophies? It's such a vague and pointless discussion and always has been.
League standings,finances,trophies are a bit to do with the size of a club,but...Fan base and attendances are the big two that define a big club.Of course some of these factors will increase the fan base and that's why you get to see how good the fan base is when in the lower leagues like Newcastle who're as big as it gets:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here