Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood & Sidwell

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Are these two of sufficient quality to fill the gap that will be left by the absence of Stephens and Kayal on Saturday? If not, why did we sign them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are these 2 of sufficient quality to fill the gap that will be left by Stephens and Kayals absence Saturday? If not, why did we sign them?

We signed them because very few players are of the quality of Kayal and then Stephens, esp not on Albion budgets.

Stephens once again is put in the position of being able to prove he is Kayal's equal.
Once again, as good as he is, he proves he's just not that good.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
They were signed to add depth which they have done. The idea would have been for only one of them to come in at a time in case of injury or suspension. It's Sod's law that we have both the lads out

However, the recruitment was good in terms of them being different style players which will mean the defensive and attacking roles will be covered.

I think Norwood will come good. Was talking to a Reading Dan that was saying most of his play goes unnoticed due to the odd wayward pass. Haven't seen him this season so can't comment too much

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Kayal to be assessed over the next couple of days, Hughton hopeful he will be fit for the weekend.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Slidwell is capable I think. Norwood does not look good, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They are good players but I'm not sure they are mobile enough to play together in a 4-4-2. Unfortunately the only option for Saturday would be to bring in Ince to play alongside them but he's lacking match practice and it would make us very defensive.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They were signed to add depth which they have done. The idea would have been for only one of them to come in at a time in case of injury or suspension. It's Sod's law that we have both the lads out

However, the recruitment was good in terms of them being different style players which will mean the defensive and attacking roles will be covered.

I think Norwood will come good. Was talking to a Reading Dan that was saying most of his play goes unnoticed due to the odd wayward pass. Haven't seen him this season so can't comment too much
It's about quality not quantity sadly as we need more than two decent midfielders if we want to compete... :)

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I don't know if this is just an 'Albion' problem, but when the hell is it going to sink in with the players that any dissent will warrant a yellow card. I note that WA said that the players of his time were given substantial fines. We have picked up at least 3 cards in the last 2 games for stupid behaviour

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe Sidwell is a good experienced head to have at the club, not convinced by Norwood yet as not convinced he was not a panic buy but either way both are far superior to the alternative of Ince or recalling JFC if that is possible.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I don't know if this is just an 'Albion' problem, but when the hell is it going to sink in with the players that any dissent will warrant a yellow card. I note that WA said that the players of his time were given substantial fines. We have picked up at least 3 cards in the last 2 games for stupid behaviour

Touche Hughton and Calderwood need to stamp this shite out its costing us dearly ffs fine the idiots! punish:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Kayal to be assessed over the next couple of days, Hughton hopeful he will be fit for the weekend.

Just heard CH say that he will be missing for Saturday, and predictably confident that ON and SS will be more than adequate cover. Not sure I totally agree with that, but to be fair SS was brilliant in the play-off game, so who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here