big Sam gone

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good greedy f***er

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope the Telegraph are happy they have contributed to England team success by creating a mess in the management. Allardyce not wonderful but not a lot else around at present.

Absolutely. As a result of the situation they engineered, we now have Gareth Southgate in charge. Sh*t!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Astonishing.

Even before landing this £3m a year gig with the FA, Allardyce will have been seriously MINTED already from all his years managing (and getting sacked) in the Premier League. And yet he's thrown it all away for the sake of a little more than 10% of his new annual salary - plus no doubt what would have been a nailed-on GARGANTUAN bonus from the FA for guiding us through this Mickey Mouse qualifying group to Russia.

Would you risk binning off your "dream job" by openly slagging off your new employer, for a 10% bung ? The mans an idiot. How much is enough ? The sheer greed is on another level.

I certainly wouldn't like to be his cat tonight.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Apparently there is a lot more of the transcripts to be released tomorrow, unless the FA have paid off the Telegraph.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hope the Telegraph are happy they have contributed to England team success by creating a mess in the management. Allardyce not wonderful but not a lot else around at present.

Seriously?

So it's better that he is lining his pocket despite on a huge salary?
The press look for dodgy behahiour. It's Allardyce's job to be 100% clean! He failed badly

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolutely. As a result of the situation they engineered, we now have Gareth Southgate in charge. Sh*t!

So you would prefer a dodgy manager as long as the team is successful?

All the criticism of Blatter and Platini means nothing?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Exactly the sort of story the press should be after. The Telegraph won't make millions out it. In the long run US supporters are the losers. More money siphoned out the game that we make up ticket prices and TV subscriptions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Dodgy ? He's not actually done anything illegal has he. He's run his mouth off, which was stupid, embarrassing and ill-considered. But its hardly corrupt - just greedy and idiotic.

In the highly unlikely event of him plonking a World Cup down on the table in a couple of years (or even a good run deep into the tournament), then nobody would give a flying toss about all this. But the media must have their pound of flesh now, and the FA as usual will lick their finger, go with the wind and try desperately to look like they're being "decisive".

Nobody comes out of this well, least of all Allardyce. But we're going to be lumbered with a 4th-rate manager now. This could've been sorted out sensibly with an apology, but as usual, the FA are so obsessed with their "image" that they'll throw the baby out with the bath water in a futile effort to temper the shrieking headlines.

The whole lot of them are pathetic.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Dodgy ? He's not actually done anything illegal has he. He's run his mouth off, which was stupid, embarrassing and ill-considered. But its hardly corrupt - just greedy and idiotic.

In the highly unlikely event of him plonking a World Cup down on the table in a couple of years (or even a good run deep into the tournament), then nobody would give a flying toss about all this. But the media must have their pound of flesh now, and the FA as usual will lick their finger, go with the wind and try desperately to look like they're being "decisive".

Nobody comes out of this well, least of all Allardyce. But we're going to be lumbered with a 4th-rate manager now. This could've been sorted out sensibly with an apology, but as usual, the FA are so obsessed with their "image" that they'll throw the baby out with the bath water in a futile effort to temper the shrieking headlines.

Agreed.
Allardyce has been criticised for alleged corruption and has twice been the subject of undercover investigations. In September 2006, Allardyce, and his son, Craig, were implicated in a BBC Panorama documentary for taking "bungs" (bribes), allegations which they denied.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well I was in team Sam. Struck me as a man who would roll a thick pastry for his steak pie but before cooking engineer his chubby fingers round the crust so effortlessly to produce a crimping so beautiful it would Di Vinci cry.

But in any other job at that level he would be gone, I'm surprised he was allowed to leave by mutual consent.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I was in team Sam. Struck me as a man who would roll a thick pastry for his steak pie but before cooking engineer his chubby fingers round the crust so effortlessly to produce a crimping so beautiful it would Di Vinci cry.

But in any other job at that level he would be gone, I'm surprised he was allowed to leave by mutual consent.

Nicely put, and I was absolutely Team Sam as well. I still am. Its such a typical CLUSTERFCK by England and the FA though, its getting to the point where I'm beyond caring.

Which , when I stop and think about it, really saddens me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I have no desire for Blatter and Platini to ever be near football again - rather stupid for anyone to even think I might do. I was very happy when Allardyce was appointed (not being one of the idiots who bleat 'hoofball' whenever his name is mentioned) and would love it if he was still England manager - though of course I realise that in the circumstances he had to go. But if you think we should be jumping for joy at the appointment of Southgate, you've got a funny idea of football.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nicely put, and I was absolutely Team Sam as well. I still am. Its such a typical CLUSTERFCK by England and the FA though, its getting to the point where I'm beyond caring.

Which , when I stop and think about it, really saddens me.

We've had our heads in the sand. It's saddening and it looks like the English on so many levels.

Football had been transported to a beautiful city like Venice, busy sexy and exciting with tourist from all over the world. But suddenly an alarm sounded and all the locals and the tourists disappeared.

You put your Guardian down and realise all there is a pound shop, two blokes from Rochdale having a fight and a woman from Croydon taking a pass in the canal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How many times has the press taken someone to a hotel about various subjects, in disguise, and nailed them.
Is Sam that thick to at least not be slightly sceptical, you would have thought the press would come up with a different way of doing this as they would get sussed out, but oh no, not big Sam, he must have been so blinded by ego and money that he could not even see the possibility that he was being stitched up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Allardyce has been criticised for alleged corruption and has twice been the subject of undercover investigations. In September 2006, Allardyce, and his son, Craig, were implicated in a BBC Panorama documentary for taking "bungs" (bribes), allegations which they denied. In September 2016, undercover Daily Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen recorded him offering to help them to get around FA third party ownership rules and provisionally agreeing a £400,000 contract.[SUP][3][/SUP] Following the Daily Telegraph investigation, Allardyce resigned in a mutual agreement with the Football Association on 27 September.[SUP][4]

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Allardyce

[/URL][/SUP]
[SUP]

[/SUP]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here