Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's midweek predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ian-holloway-sky-sports-predictions_3766094.jpg
ian-holloway-sky-sports-predictions_3766094.jpg

The Sky Bet EFL is back for some midweek action and Ian Holloway returns too with his predictions.
[h=3]Barnsley v Aston Villa (Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]Aston Villa may have turned the corner with that second-half equaliser against Newcastle on Saturday, where they finished the game on top.*
If Newcastle had got another goal they would have been struggling, but the crowd came together, they seemed to lift each other and Roberto Di Matteo's side were impressive in that second half.
I think Villa will forge on from here and it will be tough for Barnsley.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)
aston-villa-aaron-tshibola-newcastle-sky-bet-championship_3793564.jpg
aston-villa-aaron-tshibola-newcastle-sky-bet-championship_3793564.jpg

Aston Villa's Aaron Tshibola (far right) celebrates after scoring against Newcastle

[h=3]Blackburn v Sheffield Wednesday (Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]Blackburn are on a bit of a run now after two wins in a row. They had a great result at Derby at the weekend, which I didn't see coming!*
But I think it will be a draw here, Sheffield Wednesday are a tough team to beat and they had another good win over Nottingham Forest.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Derby and Blackburn.

[h=3]Cardiff v Derby*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]There's something wrong with that squad at Derby, their defence fell apart against Blackburn after taking the lead at the weekend, and I think they'll struggle again at Cardiff.
Rickie Lambert finally got a couple of goals as they beat Rotherham, and I think he'll get another here as quality always rises back to the top.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (9/1 with Sky Bet)
nigel-pearson-derby_3793378.jpg
nigel-pearson-derby_3793378.jpg

Derby are struggling under Nigel Pearson

[h=3]Bristol City v Leeds*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]Bristol City beating Fulham twice in one week was unbelievable, and the result at the weekend was fantastic. I really like the way they're playing with a couple of big monsters at the back and Tammy Abraham up front - who is a fantastic young player.
Leeds are on a great run as well, I'm delighted for Garry Monk as they've been brilliant, but I think their bubble will be burst at Ashton Gate.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0
tammy-abraham-bristol-city-wycombe-efl-cup_3761116.jpg
tammy-abraham-bristol-city-wycombe-efl-cup_3761116.jpg

Tammy Abraham has impressed at Bristol City

[h=3]Burton v QPR*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]I'm not sure what's happening at QPR after that 6-0 drubbing against Newcastle the other week, it took me*by surprise. I thought it would take six games for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's side to let in six goals, not one. It might have been a one-off but it seems to have affected them since.
Jimmy's now going back to his old club and his old players will want to prove to him that they did it without him after he left, and I think they'll get one over him here.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (11/2 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between QPR and Birmingham

[h=3]Huddersfield v Rotherham*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]I can only see Huddersfield getting back on a winning trail again, I think they'll be on fire here. I love the way they play and the energy they've got going is very Klopp-esque. They're all pressing, running and chasing and they've got one of the best strikers around in Nakhi Wells.
I worry about Rotherham, they're conceding too many goals and they've lost the*belief that Neil Warnock instilled in them last season. Alan Stubbs looks in despair*about the quality of their defending and how he'll feel after Saturday I really don't know.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-0 (9/1 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Reading and Huddersfield

[h=3]Ipswich v Brighton*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]This has got draw written all over it, and I can't see that many goals either. I'd almost anchor for a goalless draw, but I'll go for a 1-1.*
Brighton have come back recently after a little blip and they'll be there or thereabouts. While Ipswich are always tough to beat at home under Mick McCarthy.
OLLIE*PREDICTS: 1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)
glenn-murray-brighton_3793387.jpg
glenn-murray-brighton_3793387.jpg

Glenn Murray celebrates scoring for Brighton

[h=3]Nottingham Forest v Fulham*(Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]Fulham had a really good start but the wheels have come off a little bit, but*I do think they can get back to the level they were at the start of the season.
It's tough when you've sold your best players, but they've made some good signings and I like the way they're organised, at least until they played Bristol City! I'm sure Slavisa Jokanovic will be happy not to have to play them again. But I think Nottingham Forest will have enough here, especially with Henri Lansbury, who has been in cracking form.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (8/1 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Fulham and Bristol City

[h=3]Newcastle v Norwich (Wednesday, 7.45pm)[/h]These are two of the best teams in the Championship. Norwich are on a roll and Newcastle can beat anyone on their day, if anyone finishes above both of them I think they'll be automatically promoted.
Norwich played really well on the weekend and could have won by more, while Newcastle should have put Villa to bed but missed a few chances.*
Norwich will relish the challenge now they're top but I think Newcastle will edge it at home.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Aston Villa and Newcastle

[h=3]League One[/h][h=3]Walsall v Scunthorpe (Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]Scunthorpe are having a fantastic season. I put them down to lose on the weekend and they didn't, getting a draw against Sheffield United.
I do like Walsall but I never give them a good result! Scunthorpe will have too much.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-2 (9/1 with Sky Bet)
Highlights of the Sky Bet League One match between Scunthorpe and Sheffield United

[h=3]League Two[/h][h=3]Leyton Orient v Plymouth (Tuesday, 7.45pm)[/h]Plymouth had a bad first couple of games but they've come back superbly to record an impressive run of the results. They could get promoted this year.
Leyton Orient are struggling, they've lost their last two and I think they'll lose again here.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (17/2 with Sky Bet)*
Follow the midweek action from the Sky Bet EFL on Soccer Special and with our live blogs on skysports.com and the Sky Sports apps.
Watch every minute of the Ryder Cup, plus Friday Night Football and the Malaysia Grand Prix, on NOW TV for £10.99. No contract.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here