Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour Party Conference

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Corbyn talks of party unity but has been deliberately ambiguous regarding de-selections. The best way to bring the right of his own party would be to promise that no-one is de-selected before the next election but then I think we all know that he wants that because it would fill the PLP with Momentum-backed MPs. As long as he has McDonnell pulling the strings, the Labour Party will never unite with Blairites and Progress supporters and it won't attract ex-Tories.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If he try's to deselect Kyle the Hove MP I would have him in the Tory party he talks a lot sense we need Left wing Torys as we are one nation Tories.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You do realise government debt will increase to 1.7 trillion by the end of this parliament and UK productivity in comparison to other European countries has failed to an all time low?
Has May and/or Hammond put forward any kind of economic plan to revert this since replacing Cameron?

Like most folk I share a healthy dislike of politicians, but they can't be blamed for everything. Having lived in Germany for so long, they take more pride in what they do than is the case here, and are far less likely to tolerate sloppy work practices than in the UK. Of course there will be exceptions, but if we in Britain were by and large prepared to work a little harder, then productivity would grow. To give just one example -just chatted with a mate who exports products to do with the carpet industry, and he is so frustrated that when he phones suppliers, offering them often thousands of pounds worth of business, more often that not, has to phone again, as no one has bothered to get in touch.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If you'd been a serviceman in the late 70's or early 80's you'd know that militant labour held the arm forces in utter contempt. The shadow chancellor in particular being one of those who had it in for us.

I travelled home in uniform from Pompey in 83 and was called ' a facist, then a 'nazi' and then topped of with being called a ' murderer'. It's always coloured my view of Worthing ever since!
A friend of mine was going out with a student from Pompey poly and whilst at a party was asked to leave because he was a serviceman and that they 'didn't want his sort around'. His girlfriend at the time came under a lots of pressure to dump him.
Whilst the vast majority of labour members are not like this, a small but very vocal and powerful element are.
My parents are die hard labour but both will not vote for Corbyn. My dad is an ex Union rep and he despises the militant left because and I quote 'the ba$tards have never done a days work in their lives'.
I never voted Tory but would consider it because of Corbyn and his followers.

How dare someone at the coal face make such a comment about the Westminster bubble luvvies.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As a Conservative i have to admire Corbyn....keep it up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see Corbyn is promising £500bn National Investment bank. i've heard this figure over the weeks and months, but recently and yesturday McDonnell was talking about £250bn. two days, two speeches, two wildly different figures. are they the same thing (the notional areas for spending are) or is it additional? does the government go out and spend £250bn, while also offering £500bn in loans? im also wondering who would be expected to take out the loans (or deliver the infrastructure) since big private business is supposed to be kept at bay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here