Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tammy abraham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Was thinking more in terms of brilliant youngsters actually (although in our case, not so brilliant) - I should have posted "young quality loanees".
Keown and Sidwell were good youngsters on loan though, I'll give you that.

For the young loanees in recent years then Teixeira was one of the few Hyppia successes (did well in a poor side) and Lingard was more pro than con. Wilson had his moments.
Unfair to say Gary Gardner typified our activity. But yes, an 18 year old scoring 7 league goals in 9 games would have been welcome.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Unfortunately I don't know our budget, Chelsea's long term plan for the player, Chelsea's valuation of the player, Chelsea's willingness to sell, Chelsea's happiness with Bristol City's management of the player or the player's willingness to move.

Sorry.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I will say that Bristol City have done remarkably well in the short term to sell Kodija for silly money (although yes, he is a good player) and replace him with someone even better for a season.

Last year we bought a player for less than Kodija cost Bristol who scored more goals per minute over the season than him...
We've also added to our players this season with a player who has cost us nothing who currently is 2nd only to Abrahams in the Champ top scorers table.
Obviously we can't find or recruit attackers for toffee mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last year we bought a player for less than Kodija cost Bristol who scored more goals per minute over the season than him...
We've also added to our players this season with a player who has cost us nothing who currently is 2nd only to Abrahams in the Champ top scorers table.

What's that got to do with Bristol City? I don't even disagree with you, but must you act like a club patsy with every single thread you post on?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I love the fact that his brother (Who is on Charlton's books) is called Timmy. Probably has a Sister called Temmy another brother called Tommy and his Mum is called Tummy.

He is seriously good though and I too think that £12m wouldn't buy a boot. Remains to see whether Chelsea have the nowse to properly develop him though?

TNBA

TTF

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What's that got to do with Bristol City? I don't even disagree with you, but must you act like a club patsy with every single thread you post on?

Sorry Simster. And agreed. Some club pasties would be a very good idea i think.

I'm just pointing out in this thread praising Bristol City's, impressive as you've pointed out, attacking recruitment over a fair few pages , some facts about ours which are not that bad after all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You ignore that Murray and Zamora were gagging to come back here, rather than were tempted by our brilliant set up which doesn't seem to impress classy quick young strikers too much :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You ignore that Murray and Zamora were gagging to come back here, rather than were tempted by our brilliant set up which doesn't seem to impress classy quick young strikers too much :smile:

Are you saying Murray and Zamora would have rocked up here if we played at Withdean, had no training ground and were scrabbling about in League 1 or didn't have realistic promotion prospects. ?
Blimey.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Are you saying Murray and Zamora would have rocked up here if we played at Withdean, had no training ground and were scrabbling about in League 1 or didn't have realistic promotion prospects. ?
Blimey.

No, I mean we didn't have to sell the dream to them, our current position suited both of them.I am just saying it's a shame that we haven't managed to sell the dream to any decent young pacey forwards.

In case you had forgotten both Zamora and Murray DID rock up at Withdean and are better than any strikers than have rocked up at the Amex. Now come on that is a shocking statistic, even YOU have to swallow that one :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The loan is working out perfectly for all concerned. Chelsea are almost certainly going to recall him next summer and give him some game time.

As we've seen with McCormack and Rhodes if you prove you can bang in the goals in the Championship you're automatically worth £10-12mill. I'm surprised more big clubs don't do what Chelsea have done, and I'm particularly surprised Spurs didn't let Josh Onomah go to a Championship club on a season-long loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seriously though, you don't have to jump in to defend the club at every opportunity, especially when the threads you reply to aren't even hostile to the club!

Although It's strange how they take that turn soon after.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The loan is working out perfectly for all concerned. Chelsea are almost certainly going to recall him next summer and give him some game time.
Did City have to pay for the privilege?

The, probably new, aspect of deals is something I'm struggling to come to terms with.

Team A has all the money to buy up all the talent.
Team Z is in considerable debt mainly due to the amount of money Team A is prepared to spend.
Team A need their assets to play, develop or get in the 'shop window' as they were a bad purchase.
Team Z who has no money needs to pay millions to team A in order to make them better.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
ie: our brilliant set up.

will have helped but with Zamora it was a long quoted ambition to finish here and GM is being paid Premier League wages to play rather than drive 2 hours each way every day to not play in Bournemouth so I imagine he'd have agreed to play at Withdean again in preference.

You will not accept that we are not an attractive propositon for talented classy quick young forwards will you? Six years and we still haven't attracted one on a permanent basis or even a loan.

Just to be clear, I am not complaining about anything and am really pleased with the way everything is going. I just find it strange.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mr. A has all the money to buy up all the houses.
Mr. Z can't afford one, mainly due to the amount of money Mr. A is prepared to spend.
Mr. A need the assets to be looked after, developed or get in the 'shop window' as they will otherwise deteriorate.
Mr. Z who has no money needs to pay Mr. A in order to live in one.

Not exactly a new financial model, is it? Just capitalism in the raw. Explained like you explained it, it might even have made Thatcher like football!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not exactly a new financial model, is it? Just capitalism in the raw. Explained like you explained it, it might even have made Thatcher like football!
It's amazing, El Pres referenced a loan deal the club was chasing.

The player isn't wanted at his parent club.
He's been told he'll never play for them.
He'd be welcomed here open arms.
But for the privilege of taking, what is essentially their rubbish off their hands, for one season, with no guarantees.
Indebted Albion is supposed to pay millions, to what is now a cash rich club.

Any other business they'd be paying us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here