Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In praise of Anthony Knockaert

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm hardly putting my neck on the line here, I well appreciate. However, this isn't about his oh-so-obvious flair that, to use the cliche, "is worth the entrance price alone" but about his incredible work rate.

He runs and runs and runs. For 90+ minutes up and down. He doesn't shirk any defensive duties, yet will still bust a lung at the end of a game to give a teammate an outlet when we break.

There can't be many players in the whole league who cover the distance he does most games.

And, just a small final mention for the whole joie to vivre thing he's got going on. He's smiley and happy and makes sure he shows his full appreciation to the entire Amex before leaving the pitch.

What a player.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm hardly putting my neck on the line here, I well appreciate. However, this isn't about his oh-so-obvious flair that, to use the cliche, "is worth the entrance price alone" but about his incredible work rate.

He runs and runs and runs. For 90+ minutes up and down. He doesn't shirk any defensive duties, yet will still bust a lung at the end of a game to give a teammate an outlet when we break.

There can't be many players in the whole league who cover the distance he does most games.

And, just a small final mention for the whole joie to vivre thing he's got going on. He's smiley and happy and makes sure he shows his full appreciation to the entire Amex before leaving the pitch.

What a player.

Have you run this past BG yet:moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When he won the ball back with 5 mins to go down by the dugouts - that was special for me. Relieved all the pressure by sheer hard work. Is a brilliant individual but most definately a huge team player. Best defensively and offensively of our very good wingers we have here.

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

What a player.

Oh ffs - someone get me the sick bucket :)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly a flurry of clubs will come a calling in January, especially struggling premier teams. Let's hope TB tells them to collectively do one

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I enjoy watching his runs and the way he wins back the ball by tackling back but do feel that he showboats a little too much and should release the ball earlier sometimes. But he was a tremendous buy and we should do our utmost to hang on to him.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He is my favourite Albion player EVER!! Yes I know people will shout names at me, Mike Trusson, Kerry Mayo, the mighty Les Briley, but I don't care. He is unbelievable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The skill in the corner in the first half literally drew a standing ovation.

I have never seen that in 41 years of following the Albion, even when Lawro beat the entire Wolves team or Vicente vs Derby..... It was just magical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I've not seen a performance like that since David Beckham v Greece. He was all over the pitch. One minute he was making a last gasp tackle covering left back, I blinked then he was surging forward down the middle of the opponent's half. Total football. What a man.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
In all my years I have never seen a whole stadium give a standing ovation for a piece of individual brilliance that didn't lead to anything.

People en mass just stood and applauded the pure genius that is knockhaert in that first half.

(Ha Teddy Maybank beat me to it by 2 mins)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He is my favourite Albion player EVER!! Yes I know people will shout names at me, Mike Trusson, Kerry Mayo, the mighty Les Briley, but I don't care. He is unbelievable.

Kerry Mayo and i once had a very long chat in 1901 East... he's a legend in more recent times in my book....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In all my years I have never seen a whole stadium give a standing ovation for a piece of individual brilliance that didn't lead to anything.

People en mass just stood and applauded the pure genius that is knockhaert in that first half.

This

Also worth noting he went down in serious pain at one point right at the end of the first half (it wasn't playacting as there was no one near him). Get up, hobble a bit, presumably get some half time treatment and it's business as usual (this from the guy that played the second play-off leg with an ankle that was literally black and blue)

Flair, passion, guts, engine........he has everything. Every game now he seems to have 2-3 incidences of genuine magic where he makes defenders look absolutely stupid. It's just brilliant to watch and he lifts the team and the crowd.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

For those of us who weren't there, surely [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (in the spirit of this thread) should put together some clips of Knocky from the game today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here