Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just like last season - it's a 3 horse race

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
FFS - all the threads were about transfers throughout the summer and last month. How about enjoying the football and challenging at the top of the league & worrying about transfers in 3 months time!!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
you keep discussing how we might sell this or that, yet the remarkable fact that Bloom has turned down every offer for our players, including from Prem league clubs for 3 windows in a row, seems to have passed you by.

Quite. Its not the club's vulnerability to dazzling offers, it is the players' (and more importantly, their agents'). The best defence against that is long contracts (at least we then get a good fee) and . . . effing promotion (aka ambition - which TB has in spades). TB is not weighing up transfer income versus ambition, like he was some sort of equivalent of a Barnsley Chairman with a small fortune based on his whippet stud farm, and an eye on retirement in Torry Molinos. Nothing more to see here . . .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bit harsh to pin all of that on poor old Tomer Hemed who racked up 11 goals from February onwards in our promotion run in. How about some of the players who let goals in the other end. Aren't they responsible ?

Fair point :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
you keep discussing how we might sell this or that, yet the remarkable fact that Bloom has turned down every offer for our players, including from Prem league clubs for 3 windows in a row, seems to have passed you by.
As I said it's a lot easier to turn down derisory offers.

Offering £5m for our midfielder and then spending £18m combined for 2 other comparable midfielders is easy to turn down.

Offering well over, let's say £15m, or a little bit under £20m if you prefer, is another question.

I keep saying, although those quotes don't seem to make your edit, I hope it doesn't happen.
It would be fantastic to keep him, but at that kind of money, it's a different ball game.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You DO realise that if Murray gets injured or suspended, then we're left with a striker that can't score goals from open play and one that can't score at all.

This, for me.

As things stand, best case scenario, top 4 would be excellent.
- either Hemed or Murray (for a prolonged amount of time) = top 6 would be difficult, but possible.
+ a new top striker in January, then who knows, top 3?

Still way, way too early yet though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The OP sounds like Bobkin Jnr who said earlier that Man City have 'definitely won the Premier League this season' [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here