Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the Match v Barnsley

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Surprised there isn't a thread on this by now. Murray was good and scored the vital goals but Knockaert......well.....WHAT a performance. Given a standing ovation during the game at one point. Absolutely brilliant. What were the sponsors watching?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Knockaert will have enough champagne over the course of the season, thought Stephens was back to his best today and would have given it to him.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm still dizzy from watching Knockaert's performance today so no idea what the Barnsley full back feels like. MOM by a mile

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Knockaert was simply sublime in the first half. It was a ten out of ten performance. The only display that comes near it was him in the first half against Sheff Wed in the play-offs. Murray, at the very least, should have had a hat-trick but, that said, the first goal was stunning.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought it could have been any of four today, Murray for his brace, Knocky for his wonderful first half display, Stephens and as excellent, back to his best,but it was Bruno football r me, imperious the whole game.
He will be 36 next Saturday, if there is a better right back in this division, I have yet to see him, and I don't think there's a better 36 year old in the entire peague

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought it could have been any of four today, Murray for his brace, Knocky for his wonderful first half display, Stephens and as excellent, back to his best,but it was Bruno football r me, imperious the whole game.
He will be 36 next Saturday, if there is a better right back in this division, I have yet to see him, and I don't think there's a better 36 year old in the entire peague

Duffy was extremely good too.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Thought the whole team looked pretty good today though AK was simply magnificent, particularly in the first half. Definitely my MOM but they have to spread it around a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Duffy was extremely good too.
Not worth a mention in a thread about MOM though, Shirley? Not when Dunk put him in the shade by winning countless balls all game. Another easy game for the defence thanks to a lack of ambition from Barnsley and the quality of Stephens & partner in midfield.

Knockaert for MOM by a distance, followed by Stephens and Murray for me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not worth a mention in a thread about MOM though, Shirley? Not when Dunk put him in the shade by winning countless balls all game. Another easy game for the defence thanks to a lack of ambition from Barnsley and the quality of Stephens & partner in midfield.

Knockaert for MOM by a distance, followed by Stephens and Murray for me.

Think I might just have covered this in post 7.
I was responding to someone indicating that there were four star players out there. In my view, if four were to be picked out, Duffy deserved to be in there. There simply shouldn't be a debate about who the MotM was though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Almost felt sorry for the Barnsley player who accidentally whacked Knocky near the centre circle towards the end of the game and got awarded a free kick against him, might even have got booked for his troubles. He genuinely went for the ball, and then - HEY PRESTO! - it suddenly wasn't there anymore! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here