Brighton & Hove Albion vs Barnsley *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Date: 24/09/16
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Kick Off: 3pm

Chris Hughton's Seagulls will be looking to maintain their recent league form as they host in form Barnsley at the Amex. An attritional 1-0 win at the Pirelli Stadium last Saturday against Burton Albion leaves the Seagulls sitting in 7th place in the championship table.

Gaetan Bong is only 1 booking away from a 1 match suspension whilst Anthony Knockeart and Lewis Dunk both sit on 3 bookings.

Hughton faces a selection dilemma upfront as he has yet to find his preferred pairing this season and may revert back to last seasons Hemed and Baldock combination.

My prediction? A hard fought 1-0 win for the albion

Come on you seagulls GOSBTS!! ⚽⚽⚽⚽

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's a decent turnout...

In the form they are in, hardly a suprise though. Not often they are that full of goals at this level. Hopefully they will come to try and beat us, not play for a draw.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In the form they are in, hardly a suprise though. Not often they are that full of goals at this level. Hopefully they will come to try and beat us, not play for a draw.

Hopefully we will do the same :lolol: and go for it.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I will extremely impressed if we stop them scoring. League top scorers with 19, averaging 2.375 goals per game :eek: Saying that, we've conceded joint second fewest goals with 6.

Fair point though we are strong defensively.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Missing today had injection in bad back yesterday so resting first league home game since sandazas late winner at withdean so not a bad run over 5 years enjoy all that going

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another poor match day thread which is ominous, hopefully somebody will upgrade it with badges officials etc. Couple of years ago Barnsley hadnt won a game until they met us at The Amex and stuffed us.So is repeat on tge horizon?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Another poor match day thread which is ominous, hopefully somebody will upgrade it with badges officials etc. Couple of years ago Barnsley hadnt won a game until they met us at The Amex and stuffed us.So is repeat on tge horizon?

Doubly bad day as COG must have impressed on the day.......

Boring Goring

Jul 15, 2009
Goring

You would have thought Huddersfield would have, and they didn't, in a similar position. I expect some more time wasting, play for the draw behaviour from this mob too.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Harsh BG... 100% win rate this season. :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok I will take it all back but I had to look up who is the ref. It is Tim Robinson I think with a record of 9 games 52 yellow 2 reds this season.

I may be biased, no I am biased, but it seems we get yellows for fairly innocuous offences (which probably are correct) but the opposition often get away with dirty play and the ref seems reluctant to book them as they hack Knocky down or shove GM in the back as he goes for a header etc, it our first offence gets the player a yellow.

As I said I am biased but I think we get a rough deal in the yellows we pick up in comparison to the opposition. :shrug:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

I guess it wouldn't be so ominous if dickheads stopped posting off topic crap on a match day!.

So lets try and shun them out!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here