Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Quality Street chocolate scandal.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Another green triangle fan here. I used to like the red square ones they had in the 70s too.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I miss coffee creams. Loads of 'selections' seem to be getting rid of them. Luckily Thornton's do a dedicated bag. In their absence it's the purple caramel/hazelnut combo
My mother will kill for coffee creams. I haven't had one for decades as a result.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I can't stand any of the soft centres, give me one of the chewy ones every time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
always been a QS fan until i realised last year that Rose's have nicer Cadbury's chocolate and nicer fillings too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't like the toffees so no complaints here.

Favourite is the purple one which unfortunately is also my wifes favourite which is not good

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
c8838c84889e719d47ceee2ad56edc74.png
78b27d4c8cad4fee0494fae525fda68d.jpg
4d9a980816d48ec5a0f21b5cd8622c4c.jpg
5b6ef4002a4c1caa1cb5f7a3968c572f.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ok let's be clear:
Coffee cream? Chocolate covered poo. Why would anyone enjoy a coffee cream?
Toffee Deluxe axed. Another pice of cost saving from the evil ones at Nestle.
Strawberry cream? Too sweet, especially compared to the orange cream.
Orange flavoured Revels still plenty in the bigger grab bags and only £1 last week in Tesco.
Purple wrapped caramel toffee with a hazelnut? Only good for when you are desperate for another toffee and it's the only one left - spit out the nut obviously as why have a hard nut in a soft toffee?
Gold penny toffee? Still great.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Why, oh why, oh why do manufacturers feel the need to endlessly change successful products. They probably always (though the usual pendants will be busy trying to be smart) end up shooting themselves in the foot. Black Magic, Terry's All Gold, Milk Tray and others, have all gone down the same route from market leaders to also rans.
My guess is, that as middle managements change, the new boys (and girls) like to make their mark, and impress those at Directorship level how much cleverer than their predecessors they are. We end up with a lesser product in fancy new (smaller) packaging and the only increase is the PRICE. :angry:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I didn't realise that we had so many wronguns as members. Moderating this board is tough enough sometimes without having to cope with people who entertain the thought, even for a second, that anything other than the purple one is clearly the best. It's enough to make a grown man weep.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here