Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tannoy Announcer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am going to send PB another e mail and see what happens.

Here is the answer I received :

Dear Brian

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, in the event of an emergency, the PA levels are pre-set and automatically activated. The levels and the system are both regularly tested as part of our emergency planning. There would not be "pandemonium".

Secondly, and somewhat ironically, since our engineers last tested the regular PA system earlier this season, we have indeed been experiencing some issues. In some areas of the stadium it is barely audible, in others it is too loud. We are currently dealing with this.

Regards, Paul

We shall just have to wait and see what happens.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope they gave a consistent and repetitive run down the train times during the game?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Here is the answer I received :

Dear Brian

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, in the event of an emergency, the PA levels are pre-set and automatically activated. The levels and the system are both regularly tested as part of our emergency planning. There would not be "pandemonium".

Secondly, and somewhat ironically, since our engineers last tested the regular PA system earlier this season, we have indeed been experiencing some issues. In some areas of the stadium it is barely audible, in others it is too loud. We are currently dealing with this.

Regards, Paul

We shall just have to wait and see what happens.

Fair enough.
I thought one of the main problems was that he was speaking too close to the mike but it appears that it could be a system problem.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
That was Paul Samrah. Who in an ironic twist of fate was one of the 200 or so people who invaded the pitch four days later when we sewed up the title at Walsall

.....and who could blame him.
All of us at Walsall felt something special that day. All the years of struggle, all the strife, all the effort finally felt worthwhile. We were leaving Withdean as champions and going to start the new stadium in the Championship. It just felt as if it was meant to be. When Elliot Bennett crashed that glorious shot into the roof of the net, I honestly had tears in my eyes. Paul Samrah probably couldn't stop himself that day. It was just a natural reaction after everything that had gone before. He and many others had poured body and soul into giving the club a proper future and now there was a new dawn.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
All of us at Walsall felt something special that day. All the years of struggle, all the strife, all the effort finally felt worthwhile. We were leaving Withdean as champions and going to start the new stadium in the Championship. It just felt as if it was meant to be. When Elliot Bennett crashed that glorious shot into the roof of the net, I honestly had tears in my eyes. Paul Samrah probably couldn't stop himself that day. It was just a natural reaction after everything that had gone before. He and many others had poured body and soul into giving the club a proper future and now there was a new dawn.
Agree with the point but the reality is that "keep off the pitch, the players won't be coming back out" nonsense (and let's not forget he was absolutely screaming) totally took the shine off our promotion winning evening and meant a lap of honour in a half empty stadium which was a tad embarrassing. To see him on the pitch 4 days later was just laughable.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can only assume he looked at the electronic board and didn't notice the 2 in front of the 4!

It is comical, he really hasn't got a clue!

When I looked at the scoreboard, it showed that Huenemeier was coming off so he may just have received duff information this time. I doubt he controls the scoreboard too.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
For a new stadium, the PA system is very 1980s.

RR half-time interviews are barely audible where I am in the North. But if Barber says there's not a problem then who am I to argue?!!

Re the PA announcer, this might seem a radical suggestion, but why not employ somebody who supports the club and knows the names of our players?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
For a new stadium, the PA system is very 1980s.

RR half-time interviews are barely audible where I am in the North. But if Barber says there's not a problem then who am I to argue?!!

Re the PA announcer, this might seem a radical suggestion, but why not employ somebody who supports the club and knows the names of our players?

Are you one of those anarchists who thought it would be a good idea to have members of the Historians Society manning the museum when it opened?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Great memories! Straight on the pitch, photo in the goal, got a mug with it on and was drinking out of earlier. Brilliant brilliant day that those like Paul, Attila, Costa, Watts and co earnt especially. They have my eternal gratitude anyway. And Yes, Elliot's goal was just the jam in yer jelly donut!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What happened to the lady 'announcer'

Her voice was deemed too annoying by health and safety, and 99% of the crowd.

The current announcer although complete crap is still better than a woman.

But neither is even 10% as good as Nick Osbourne was or Richie is.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Where I sit in WSL the PA has always been crap, it is not just a new thing. Having said that when I took grandson to the open training day and sat in the same seats we could here everything clearly as RR & a rather dishy female who were pitch side throughout. It's a weird world.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
We've had "Jamie Murray" twice so far this season. Fair enough, we've got a Jamie Murphy and a Glenn Murray and the guy might be a big fan of doubles tennis which can lead to slightly understandable confusion.

Last night was something else. How on Earth can you confuse Rohan Ince - a 6'3 black man built like an absolute tank - with Uwe Hunemeier - a blonde haired German who in a different life could've been a poster boy for the Aryan race?

The posh new bloke doing the announcing must be on a wind up as nobody with half a brain cell could get things so muddled up. It is almost Partridge-esque in its comedy

Long may it continue

Partridge would be the first to point out tannoy is a brand name and you mean speaker system

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Her voice was deemed too annoying by health and safety, and 99% of the crowd.

The current announcer although complete crap is still better than a woman.

But neither is even 10% as good as Nick Osbourne was or Richie is.

Can i take it from your post that you are against women announcers full stop? :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here