Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will cost us this season...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't understand how failed deals have become currency.

Not offering enough money for pilchard and Calleri doesn't mean the club has enough money to make these deals.

You think TB has run out of money.
Blimey clear the Argus front page. We really are in trouble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Show me where anyone from the club has actually said that.
In action speaks louder than words.

Relying primarily on Hemed and Murray for half of a crucial season, while even up until the 11th hour the most rabid of club fanboys were insisting THE striker will be arriving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You think TB has run out of money.
Blimey clear the Argus front page. We really are in trouble.
Clearly not what I'm saying but you carry on with your bait and switch, if it makes you feel better.

All of this and I bet the bottom line from the boardroom when the striker didn't materialize was:-

'oh f**k'.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In action speaks louder than words.

Relying primarily on Hemed and Murray for half of a crucial season, while even up until the 11th hour the most rabid of club fanboys were insisting THE striker will be arriving.

yes. we'll see and many agree with you, including myself. Its a big risk.

but its the other stuff you insist upon:
1. The club think - "the entire market isn't worth it."
2 [Bids for Calleri and other players] doesn't mean "the club has the money"

Both nonsense so why do you keep peddling em over and over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
yes. we'll see and many agree with you, including myself. Its a big risk.

but its the other stuff you insist upon
1. The club think - "the entire market isn't worth it."
2 TB hasn't the money.

Both nonsense so why do you keep peddling em over and over.
1 - The market is over heated.
2 - I don't think and have never said TB hasn't any money.

Look back to ALL of my posts that essentially begin:-

i/we get it...

They all follow along the same line of shitload of money needed to buy the most expensive player, which is a big risk.

Quite how my repeatedly saying the club has been fantastic at assembling a Premier League squad equates to 'no money' I have no idea.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1 - The market is over heated.
2 - I don't think and have never said TB hasn't any money.

Look back to ALL of my posts that essentially begin:-

i/we get it...

They all follow along the same line of shitload of money needed to buy the most expensive player, which is a big risk.

Quite how my repeatedly saying the club has been fantastic at assembling a Premier League squad equates to 'no money' I have no idea.

A reply will be along shortly..its like watching a game of tennis with no winners

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A reply will be along shortly..its like watching a game of tennis with no winners
He's got the last word, as I either need to work on my stamina or I'm actually disagreeing with an algorithm.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
We also chased 2 strikers pretty vehemently as well, over many weeks

I cannot be arsed to get involved in the arguments in this thread but the above quote definitely grabbed my interest.

Now, I know you are never going to name the players so I will not waste my time asking but I am intrigued to know a couple of things. Firstly, do you know if these strikers will still be available in January?...And if so, do you think the club will be prepared to go back in for either of them when the transfer window re-opens?

I am just curious to know...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I cannot be arsed to get involved in the arguments in this thread but the above quote definitely grabbed my interest.

Now, I know you are never going to name the players so I will not waste my time asking but I am intrigued to know a couple of things. Firstly, do you know if these strikers will still be available in January?...And if so, do you think the club will be prepared to go back in for either of them when the transfer window re-opens?

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA
I think for one of the strikers it depends on how well Huddersfield are doing when it gets to January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think for one of the strikers it depends on how well Huddersfield are doing when it gets to January.

I hope not at the price that was suggested I would sooner go for Rhodes, get promoted and then sell him on again for somebody else to do the same as I dont think either are Premier class, good for this division but not the Premier..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope not at the price that was suggested I would sooner go for Rhodes, get promoted and then sell him on again for somebody else to do the same as I dont think either are Premier class, good for this division but not the Premier..

All that matters is that they are good enough for this division, surely?

We will have to replace 90% of the squad if we managed to go up, so I wouldn't worry about us being lumbered with an expensive (by Championship standards) striker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We will have to replace 90% of the squad if we managed to go up, so I wouldn't worry about us being lumbered with an expensive (by Championship standards) striker.

If we are going to spend around £9m as was the suggested price I am sure it will be for somebody who CH and the club feel will be good enough when we are promoted or somebody like Rhodes to get us up and then sell on to Sheff Wed or similar.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Good questions :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Is this sarcasm? Because if it isn't, two other posters prominent on this thread might not be the only ones having a ding-dong on it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

I don't know who the two were, I know one.........................Your other questions I have no clue about the answer to your other questions.

The one thing I was curious about your question was - You asked if they will still be available in January

I have no idea about why we didn't get them. They obviously were not available in the last window or we would have got them. Sometimes you don't land players because you won't pay as much as someone else is willing to pay but more often than not, you don't land them because the club doesn't want to sell them or the player doesn't want to move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here