Brighton v Reading

League Cup - Third Round

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 20th September 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Lee Probert
Assistants: Edward Smart, Dan Cook
Fourth official: Brendan Malone

Brighton boss Chris Hughton will give a debut to Belgium international defender Sebastien Pocognoli, while Sam Baldock will return after a calf problem.

Full-back Rob Hunt will start for the Seagulls, with Uwe Hunemeier and Connor Goldson set to feature after injury.

Reading will be without top scorer Garath McCleary, who starts a three-game ban after a red card at Barnsley.

Jaap Stam's side have no fresh injury concerns, but Yakou Meite and Deniss Rakels (both ankle) remain sidelined.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hooray!DH on the case.Wheel definitely WHINE

or loose :albion2:

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
A lot of 'Fans' cannot make this tonight.

Be interesting to see how many can make it if we win, and get a big team in the next round.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hah - a Premier League ref gets a Championship reserve game. And apparently he has had a long term injury. So he needs game time as well.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
A lot of 'Fans' cannot make this tonight.

Be interesting to see how many can make it if we win, and get a big team in the next round.

I find it pathetic this football snobbery still exists. Who gives a hoot if someone decides to go or not? Surely it's their choice. Soon we'll need to categorise fans on their loyalty. Individual circumstances change from one fan to the next, depending on finances, location or whether they just like watching Albion every now and then. Doesn't make anyone better, or more important. We all follow the Albion, that's what counts. Anyway, to make it absolutely clear, here's my new loyalty ladder, to decide on whether you are a worthy fan or just a parasite who should in fact watch basketball or Reading instead. Anyone below Cat C should @&£&@ off....

Category A: Goldstone era, goes to most matches, home and away.

Cat B: Goldstone era, only goes when possible

Cat C: Withdean era, goes to most matches etc

Cat D: Withdean era, only goes when poss etc

Cat E: Amex era....goes most matches etc

F: Amex era, only when poss etc

G: only goes occasionally. Otherwise known as plastic or fair weather.

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
The point is, a lot of people kick off when it comes to the big games that they cannot get a ticket. But when its Reading at home in the 3rd round, no one wants a ticket.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
F*******g come on boys.

:O:

I'd love a run in this cup, a win tonight and then a favourable draw in the Round of 16 and suddenly you're only a game away from a televised two legged semi final. I appreciate the early rounds are not great but now the competition hots up and I'd love us to be in the hat for the next round.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The point is, a lot of people kick off when it comes to the big games that they cannot get a ticket. But when its Reading at home in the 3rd round, no one wants a ticket.
You should have said hello as there were only 50 of us at Fulham away in whatever the JPT was called 20 years ago. All of those people who would have gone to Wembley had we got through another 5 rounds. And all of those people who would have gone to the promotion party that didn't go to Halifax away. All of those people that went to Withdean but didn't go to Weymouth away in a friendly. Plenty of tickets there weren't there? We could have squeezed them in, couldn't we? You could have squished up on side of the terrace and I could have done the same on the other.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
My biggest frustration in football these days (apart from all the other biggest ones) - clubs not taking things seriously. Brighton can win this cup - yes they can win it, because everyone treats it with contempt. When they win it they are in Europe. Both of those two things I'd like to see in my lifetime - and both are entirely possible. Especially when drawn with tinpot Reading in the third round at home. But no - all the pre-match publicity is about how few top players will play - how few people will bother to go - etc etc. This is not the check-a-trade cock-up cup - it is the real thing. Take something seriously why don't you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I find it pathetic this football snobbery still exists. Who gives a hoot if someone decides to go or not? Surely it's their choice. Soon we'll need to categorise fans on their loyalty. Individual circumstances change from one fan to the next, depending on finances, location or whether they just like watching Albion every now and then. Doesn't make anyone better, or more important. We all follow the Albion, that's what counts. Anyway, to make it absolutely clear, here's my new loyalty ladder, to decide on whether you are a worthy fan or just a parasite who should in fact watch basketball or Reading instead. Anyone below Cat C should @&£&@ off....

Category A: Goldstone era, goes to most matches, home and away.

Cat B: Goldstone era, only goes when possible

Cat C: Withdean era, goes to most matches etc

Cat D: Withdean era, only goes when poss etc

Cat E: Amex era....goes most matches etc

F: Amex era, only when poss etc

G: only goes occasionally. Otherwise known as plastic or fair weather.

Put me down as Cat A :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Not strictly true since the Amex opened really. Plus if you are organised you will get a ticket to just about any football game involving BHA home or away. It was the case at the Goldstone and Withers (I discount Gillingham because we didnt have any "big" teams there)

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
My biggest frustration in football these days (apart from all the other biggest ones) - clubs not taking things seriously. Brighton can win this cup - yes they can win it, because everyone treats it with contempt. When they win it they are in Europe. Both of those two things I'd like to see in my lifetime - and both are entirely possible. Especially when drawn with tinpot Reading in the third round at home. But no - all the pre-match publicity is about how few top players will play - how few people will bother to go - etc etc. This is not the check-a-trade cock-up cup - it is the real thing. Take something seriously why don't you.

Isn't that the FA Cup? don't think you get European football for winning this one.

EDIT - ignore me just googled it you are right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here