Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
So glad the official match thread has been derailed by pointless and childish willy-waving.

Absolutely right. So let's get to the point. I (undoubtedly holier than most of thee) am going to the game. I think it will be quite interesting. I'll enjoy my half time hot chocolate. And hopefully we'll win. Fingers crossed.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So glad the official match thread has been derailed by pointless and childish willy-waving.

Indeed

attachment.php

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm going, and will hopefully buy several pints and perhaps even multiple pies. Then again, I didn't make the Colchester game, as was on holiday (arranged prior to the fixture's announcement).*

* Even worse, I'm a JCL and DFL, and have only recently discovered the meaning of these phrases.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So, despite not wanting to watch Reading's reserves and not wanting to spend money that could be put towards my mortgage, I also have a very valid reason of having a job conflict I'm still a fair weather fan?
Lightweight.

:lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Me too. Started watching BHA at the Goldstone in 1972, aged five, and am not going tonight as my elderly, housebound mother has just been released from hospital without the required care packages in place, so am currently sorting all sorts of crap out. Hopefully that IS on the list of approved excuses, and I'm not seen as a fairweather fan... it does irritate that the assumption seems to be if you aren't going to a particular game, you cannot be bothered. Doesn't seem particularly #together to dismiss fellow fans who for whatever reason don't go to particular matches...

albion is a great distraction but, family comes first and hope your Mum's care package turns out Ok

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I'm not going. No excuse apart from can't be arsed to drive down from Reading to watch our reserves play Reading reserves. It would cost with petrol and parking and ticket about £60 ish and I don't think that is good value. Bad fan I know, but I can live with myself and will be at the Amex on Saturday to cheer on the team.

If Reading take more then 10 I will be amazed.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm not going. No excuse apart from can't be arsed to drive down from Reading to watch our reserves play Reading reserves. It would cost with petrol and parking and ticket about £60 ish and I don't think that is good value. Bad fan I know, but I can live with myself and will be at the Amex on Saturday to cheer on the team.

If Reading take more then 10 I will be amazed.

300 sold apparently which would be MORE than last seasons LEAGUE game - it was also a Tuesday night, i believe 280 of them although you wouldn't of noticed because they were silent.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
300 sold apparently which would be MORE than last seasons LEAGUE game - it was also a Tuesday night, i believe 280 of them although you wouldn't of noticed because they were silent.

Probably because it's much cheaper, and also Reading are looking somewhat like a football team now, as opposed to when we played at the Amex last season.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Be interesting to see the 16,000 other excuses of the fans that cannot make this game.

1. I like football but it isn't as important to me as it used to be and I really can't be arsed to go tonight. (Only 15,999 more excuses to go.)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I wonder if any of the lads fancy getting some revenge in for Liam. Any news on when he's expected back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here