Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countries you would never wish to visit?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not keen on Australia. Bird eating spiders that are the size of your fist really put me off.

I've been several times to Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas, and Scottsdale, Arizona and by some distance would say I've never come across any more friendlier people anywhere else I've been. Lovely area of the States.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Im astonished so many people dont want to go to the USA
Florida Keys,Virginia Blue ridge mountains,New York,Nevada,The Rockies,Pacific Highway........New Orleans FFS

get a grip people.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Details and costs please
myself and a friend are thinking about a trip and he suggested just this, i thought he was barking mad but he is serious,i really dont mind the campervan idea but is it feasible?

Up in the freezing cold and wet Pyrenees and leaving campsite wifi soon. So quickly. Ferry is 600 miles away in Nort Denmark, then 3 days on a good ferry via Faroe Islands. Cost about £1200 plus petrol to get there and back plus ferry to Holland. for a 4 week trip much cheaper than hiring out there. I think a VW size camper is about £800 a week. ridiculous. All other costs are reasonable. They rent small van size campers without Windows but you would need to be under 30 to enjoy them and they are still £400 or so. Car rental and tent is a good alternative. Prepare for rain.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whoever said USA, I used to agree with you - but then I went, its awesome. I was in Chicago for a week and then took a mini road trip in rural Illinois, and just loved it, the people were great, so friendly and helpful the city vibrant, the countryside round the Illinois river beautiful, and the beer, oh the beer is to die for, whoever says they don't do good beer in the states is an idiot, so much more variety than we get back here. I wanna go back.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

See now why I don't want to go? :rolleyes:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Up in the freezing cold and wet Pyrenees and leaving campsite wifi soon. So quickly. Ferry is 600 miles away in Nort Denmark, then 3 days on a good ferry via Faroe Islands. Cost about £1200 plus petrol to get there and back plus ferry to Holland. for a 4 week trip much cheaper than hiring out there. I think a VW size camper is about £800 a week. ridiculous. All other costs are reasonable. They rent small van size campers without Windows but you would need to be under 30 to enjoy them and they are still £400 or so. Car rental and tent is a good alternative. Prepare for rain.

3 days on a ferry I see? Don't fancy that!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Israel.

I don't fancy having to be polite and civil to a population who I view mainly as a bunch of CJTC's with their own perverted form of fascism.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
3 days on a ferry I see? Don't fancy that!

For a month long road trip round Iceland in Summertime, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at 3 days on a ferry.

Top of my dream holiday list without a doubt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
whoever says they don't do good beer in the states is an idiot

They're someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. The two best places for beer, in the world, are Britain and the US.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
England. Or any county with a direct budget flight from England

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Israel.

I don't fancy having to be polite and civil to a population who I view mainly as a bunch of CJTC's with their own perverted form of fascism.

I went with work 3 years ago with some serious reservations but found a much more diverse range of views than I was expecting. Spending some time in Jerusalem I think, although not changing my views fundamentally, gave me a perspective I didn't have before and it's historical significance is much greater than the current political situation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Try telling any Scot. Still not a country though.

Yes it is ..... it's part of the United KINGDOM but still a country. Now Wales, that on the other hand isn't a country, it's a Principality.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Regarding Mexico, and a popular beach resort in the country.
Did nobody see a programme recently about Acapulco.
A once thriving resort frequented by the British, Americans and many others.
It is now deserted apart from a few Mexicans because of drug gangs basically running the place, daily murders and the army patrolling the beach to make it look safe.
Now I know Mexico is a big country and I know there are other beach resorts but Mexico is a dangerous country to visit, wrong place wrong time and all that. But you could also say that about other countries too.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Assuming it's safe then would love to visit all countries however there are a few places which sadly are off sensible limits at this time

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Dubai - can't stand the place . It has no culture or history and is just tacky . People say but you can go skiing there. Why would I want to go indoor skiing there ? Would rather go the Alps.

USA- again no culture. The poverty and homelessness is off the scaled there . Also I really despise their tipping culture because their government can't pay a proper wage , we have to make it up for them . Considering USA is meant to be the world leading superpower their people could not be anymore backward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here