Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding Whitehawk player

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
If he has lost his kids then anybody who gets on his back for football reasons is a massive ****. Pantomime villain and nothing more. I wish him well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I dont wish to sound heartless but that shouldnt affect the team he plays for provided the family were together, like living where he does and playing for Portsmouth. I can fully understand not wanting to live away from the family in a hotel up north.

You Wanker

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
A little more insight:

Former Nottingham Forest defender Dan Harding says the death of his two unborn children was a key factor in dropping out of the Football League at the age of 31.

The left-back's wife Vicky was pregnant with triplets while he was at Forest, but only daughter Lexie survived.

Harding was released by Forest at the end of last season and signed for National League outfit Eastleigh because it would allow him to spend more time with his wife and children after the family tragedy.

"We already had three kids, then my wife found out she was pregnant this time last year when I was at Nottingham Forest," he told the Daily Star.

"We went for a scan and it was twins, then we went for another. Believe it or not it was triplets and unfortunately one had died early on.

"We always knew from the start Millie would never make it but from week ten or 12 we were told she would pass away next week. But she managed to fight on to 26 weeks.

"The problem we had was if Millie had passed away early then it would have brought on a false labour and killed her sister Lexie.

"Thankfully the miracle happened and she lived long enough for her sister to be born healthy, albeit premature.

"Football really helped because it meant I was home every day and going into training and seeing the lads really takes the mind off it.

"Afterwards I wanted to be closer to home after that, and at my age it was more important that family came before football after what happened. That's how I ended up at Eastleigh."

Harding dropped down four divisions to play for Eastleigh, who are fourth in the National League. He rejected a move to Portsmouth because he could not bring himself to play for them as a former Southampton player.

Harding joined Forest from the Saints in 2012 and played 64 times for the club.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/notti...8473980-detail/story.html#Sdfv5tS5D30G7Q5Y.99

I can relate to this a bit since we lost a daughter at 37 weeks. Difficult for us as would have been our first born - long time ago now but remember that night in Cuckfield Hospital like it was yesterday ....

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I wish the guy, his wife and their children nothing but all the very best for the future.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I may go and BOO him. After all he told Magoo he would sign when he returned from holiday and ended up signing for Leeds.

Was so glad when Buckley showed him his arse and virtually reduced him to tears.

KARMA? If it's correct that his child has died then this is possibly the worst post ever on this or any forum.

If it's not correct then it's still utterly disgusting as the inference is there earlier in this same thread. You only had to scroll up before posting.

You're a horrible negative prick at the best of times and I'm now more convinced that you're actually a Palace c##t. Have a word with yourself, or just **** off.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
I may go and BOO him. After all he told Magoo he would sign when he returned from holiday and ended up signing for Leeds.

Was so glad when Buckley showed him his arse and virtually reduced him to tears.

You vile human being, I hope you never have the utter heartbreak of losing a child

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The biggest being that he was only offered a contract by Portsmouth in Div 2 and Eastleigh probably pay as much if not more than them. I think that he may have been offered one by a noirthern Div 2 side but didnt want to uproot his family.

I've defended you in the past from perceived bullying but I don't know why, and I don't care how old you are, you're a f*****g prick

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we'd covered all this a while back? And BG you had a lot to say then and really all you wanted to say on this one was 'I know Eastleigh pay good wages' but as usual you have to spout a load of pointless, heartless bollocks to go with it.

Some things are 100x more important than football - and family and friends, (especially their health) is the main one.

All the best to Dan - wasn't it 'tickle' they used to call him here..? Pretty sure not THAT long ago (maybe 6yrs) Harding came & trained with the Albion for a bit so must be on good terms...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I dont wish to sound heartless but that shouldnt affect the team he plays for provided the family were together, like living where he does and playing for Portsmouth. I can fully understand not wanting to live away from the family in a hotel up north.

He'll look at the offers and choose his own fecking team. He'll have his reasons and they'll be centred around what is best for those closest to him and their financial security. At this time in his life, and with recent events, he doesn't need boneheads who seem to think that blind servitude to twenty two men kicking a bag of air around a green field is the most important aspect of a person's existence.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd have him back at this club tomorrow. Good luck Dan.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Seems like a nice guy, awful tragedy in his life...Was a lot of hard feelings over him leaving with the fans and Magoo..football is not real life and the animosity is not personal (I would hope) I think some posters on this thread getting all headmaster need to chill a bit. However back in 2011 I did enjoy him getting substituted as Buckley murdered him and Ricky Lambert being sent off as we beat the Saints 3-0.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Surely a ban for TMLS. Vile human being.

You vile human being, I hope you never have the utter heartbreak of losing a child

KARMA? If it's correct that his child has died then this is possibly the worst post ever on this or any forum.

If it's not correct then it's still utterly disgusting as the inference is there earlier in this same thread. You only had to scroll up before posting.

You're a horrible negative prick at the best of times and I'm now more convinced that you're actually a Palace c##t. Have a word with yourself, or just **** off.

Now while worded quite badly, you all know deep down that TMLS wasn't quoting Karma at the fact that Dan Harding had lost two unborn children, and you all know he was really saying it was Karma that Will Buckley made him look pony at the Amex, after his will sign won't sign fiasco !

Offended NSC at its best.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Now while worded quite badly, you all know deep down that TMLS wasn't quoting Karma at the fact that Dan Harding had lost two unborn children, and you all know he was really saying it was Karma that Will Buckley made him look pony at the Amex, after his will sign won't sign fiasco !

Offended NSC at its best.

That's how I read it. He was not talking about Dan's personal life just the football side.
LlcoolJ may feel a bit embarrassed now?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I looked at this thread to childishly laugh at Dan Harding if I'm honest. Instead, that heartbreaking story makes me want to wish nothing but love and good fortune to the man. I couldn't even imagine the pain his family must of been through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here