Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davis Cup World Group Semi-Final: Great Britain v Argentina

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Even if we manage to win the next 2 I can't see Edmund getting a look in against Del Potro

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Even if we manage to win the next 2 I can't see Edmund getting a look in against Del Potro

Smith might be tempted to throw Evans in against Del Potro. Considering Evans held match point against the eventual US Open champion only a week ago, that might be the way forward. Edmund's confidence may well be shot after yesterday's defeat.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Smith might be tempted to throw Evans in against Del Potro. Considering Evans held match point against the eventual US Open champion only a week ago, that might be the way forward. Edmund's confidence may well be shot after yesterday's defeat.

He should have played Evans in the first place. He's better-suited to big matches like yesterday's. Also Edmund only seems to have one way - smash it. It's difficult to consistently keep the ball under control when you do that, so he tends to make lots f unforced errors against unflashy players who are good at getting it back.

I'd be very surprised if Evans doesn't play tomorrow if the tie is still live.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

Things didn't go for Edmund yesterday, but he reached the 4th round of the US Open only 2 weeks ago, defeating Gasquet and Isner along the way. He doesn't quite have the consistency yet, but bearing in mind that Del Potro will be playing for the 3rd straight day in that match if it gets that far, he is certainly capable of testing him.

Argentina picking Del Potro for doubles today is a strange move. They didn't need to do that and it could backfire on them. If the tie gets back to 2-2, suddenly Great Britain would have momentum.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm just glad for the crowd that it goes to the final day.

I can see Murray beating Pella or Mayer but it's not a gimme because Muzza is absolutely shattered. Dan Evans has got to be given the nod if it's the deciding match as he can mix it up a bit against Del Potro, who won't play anywhere near as well as Friday.

Intriguing day ahead tomorrow. Whatever will be, will be.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm just glad for the crowd that it goes to the final day.

I can see Murray beating Pella or Mayer but it's not a gimme because Muzza is absolutely shattered. Dan Evans has got to be given the nod if it's the deciding match as he can mix it up a bit against Del Potro, who won't play anywhere near as well as Friday.

Intriguing day ahead tomorrow. Whatever will be, will be.

Indeed. Drop shots galore in Del Potro's third game in 48hrs.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If Murray can win first up, then it looks like Dan Evans would play any decider. Doesn't look likely that Del Potro will feature today.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Super human effort by Murray, defying an injury scare, and he wins 6-3 6-2 6-3.

2-2. Deciding rubber. All down to Dan Evans.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Croatia have beaten France in the other semi final, meaning we would be at home in the final if we win this today.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Dan Evans v Leonardo Mayer, who's ranked 92 in the world.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks for that as I have no great interest in tennis just the thought that GB could reach a final.

It would be our second consecutive final should we get there - we beat Belgium to win the trophy last year.

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
If Argentina don't win this, I think they'll be looking for a new captain. Insane decision to play Del Potro in the doubles yesterday. Come on Dan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here