Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Harper - is it not going to happen?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Lewis Dunk has come through the ranks and is worth a lot of money now. I know he's not a striker, but he was top scorer a couple of years ago.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Scored on his debut too at Hereford? Never thought we'd end up playing the club he signed from in the second tier of English football though.

Hope Harper can emulate Wardy and score on his debut for us.

I went to Hereford that day [emoji2]
He scored after 50 seconds, Dixie McNeil equalised late on, with his hand.... [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Very telling that hes hardly played full 90 mins for DS, either starts then subbed off 60-70 mins or comes on 60-70 mins. Would like to see him on bench v Reading though but doubtful as DS play Monday evening.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
PS: Some of the stats i quoted came via http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jack-harper/profil/spieler/147524 (how reliable is it ? - do you think ? )

It is actually pretty good for match info, provided you read it correctly! Soccerway is also a good alternative for the U-23s - Brighton and Hove Albion Under 23

And I discovered a couple of weeks ago that there is a site that, this season, is providing similar detailed coverage of the U-18 matches - Brighton & Hove Alb. U18

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
At 20 years old, 21 in Feb, he should be pushing for a first team squad place so if hes not of that quality/ability needs to be moved on to free up wages for replacement in DS

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's got something about him. I think it took him awhile to get up to speed following his injury and also to adapt a bit to the English style. He's also more of a 10/attacking wide man than an out and out striker.

To me he looks like someone who needs to physically develop a bit more. Hambo looks like a senior player in size and stature but Harper still looks like a youngster. Everyone develops at different rates, he's got excellent feet and technique, and given time should develop into a good player.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At 20 years old, 21 in Feb, he should be pushing for a first team squad place so if hes not of that quality/ability needs to be moved on to free up wages for replacement in DS

There will rarely be an easier opportunity for a player to force his way into the Albion first team squad as a striker at this level. Would be pitifully easy to usurp Manu and Baldock in the pecking order. Chance is sitting up begging. All he has to do is score some goals and not be Glenn Murray.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
There will rarely be an easier opportunity for a player to force his way into the Albion first team squad as a striker at this level. Would be pitifully easy to usurp Manu and Baldock in the pecking order. Chance is sitting up begging. All he has to do is score some goals and not be Glenn Murray.

How long have you been watching Brighton? We have had plenty worse that Baldock and Manu. . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How long have you been watching Brighton? We have had plenty worse that Baldock and Manu. . .

In the Amex era? Maybe CMS and COG JUST about shade it over Baldock and Manu. Current combo need to be felenon'ed down a level or two. Neither any use to a club with the stated ambition of finishing 'Top Two'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here