Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton struggling with Injuries and Suspensions

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Naylor, you clickbait-posting weasel.

LuaLua (already injured) out for six weeks. Solly (already injured) still out, minor setback. Baldock (already slightly injured) may be fit.

None of that is really news. Which is, frankly, a huge relief.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Was discussing Lua Lua on Tuesday night and we said he would be out much longer than 2 games. There is a pattern developing here sadly. At least Manu has looked much better so far this season and will probably be an able replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the only ones it would seem....

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m2 minutes ago
An injury bulletin at 3pm. Generally more non news than good. #bhafc

Any other editing you need Mr Naylor, you only have to ask.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i hate hearing news stories like this.... it means nothng other than we will sruggle to get any sort of result !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No its written in the rules about loans or in the loan agreement that a player cannot play against his parent club. I do seem to remember that it has happened in the past.

Not always.

Shrewsbury forgot to put it in Jake Robinson's loan agreement with Torquay and found themselves facing him, I think it was a cup game or playoffs.

LuaLua has been told not to do his flick flacks when he scores, as it puts a strain on earlier injuries/surgery. He scored at Oxford, celebrated and is now out injured again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Guaranteed loss then .. happens every time the opposition is struggling to put out a team.

I'm going large on Burton

EDIT. Just seen that one of the suspended players has picked up five bookings - that's some achievement after just seven games

Just last season LuaLua got booked 5 times in the first 6 league matches and was suspended for the Rotherham game on September 15th.

NorahBrewer

Sep 15, 2016
Morning,

Norah here from the Brewers forum Clough The Magic Dragon (CTMD) which I Admin. Here is the link to our forum (which includes a brief away fans' guide) which might be of interest:-

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com

You think we are struggling to name an 18 because of injuries etc? Too true. Clough might be playing if things get worse!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Morning,

Norah here from the Brewers forum Clough The Magic Dragon (CTMD) which I Admin. Here is the link to our forum (which includes a brief away fans' guide) which might be of interest:-

You think we are struggling to name an 18 because of injuries etc? Too true. Clough might be playing if things get worse!

Thanks [MENTION=34790]NorahBrewer[/MENTION]

Love your forum name - it marks you out a bit as a new forum, mind.

Some comments in response to this post about the (real) Albion (I'm too lazy to register, to reply):

Brighton a team full of foreign stars---2 -6ft plus centre half's--Duffy and-Dunk.
Kayhal=Skalak-Polognoli-Lualua-Manu----Baldock and Knockaert, are very dangerous plus Murphy.

1. Team of foreign stars is rather a stretch. We're likely to line up against yourselves with 7 British / Irish players in the XI (Stockdale, Duffy, Dunk, Stephens, Murphy, Murray, Baldock).
2. Kayal, Bruno and Knockaert (along with Dunk) are the stand-out players. All very, very good footballers.
3. The rest of his list are odd ones to highlight - Skalak is hit and miss, Pocognoli has never played a minute for Brighton, Lualua had a knee op this week, and Manu is no more than a figure of fun amongst our fans.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Morning,

looks a decent forum and good to see it busier than a lot of championships sides.

Am picking up from reading it that you lot love to be the underdog and we'll certainly know we've been in a game Saturday regardless of who you play.

Certainly will have to earn the 3 points and I'm guessing even more so after you conceded last min to draw in mid week.

Also didn't realise you are 5 unbeaten.

Draws away generally decent but as we haven't won away yet and lost 2 in a row recently anything but a win will disappoint me I think.

NorahBrewer

Sep 15, 2016
looks a decent forum and good to see it busier than a lot of championships sides.

Am picking up from reading it that you lot love to be the underdog and we'll certainly know we've been in a game Saturday regardless of who you play.

Certainly will have to earn the 3 points and I'm guessing even more so after you conceded last min to draw in mid week.

Also didn't realise you are 5 unbeaten.

Draws away generally decent but as we haven't won away yet and lost 2 in a row recently anything but a win will disappoint me I think.

In all honesty it is the norm for us to be the underdogs. We regard ourselves as "The Dirty Dozen" -in the best respect of that film, in other worlds a team of players who have been cast aside by other clubs, those who are injury prone and others won't give them a chance, in short a desperate group at the last chance saloon! Clough seems to attract those who will play for him but there are also been rumours surrounding other players that they go because he does not like them. He in some ways is very much his father. Our team is a creations of, to be hard on us, the unremakrable individual but who wants to play for the team and together create a 'successful' whole. We hardly ever have a player in the 'Team of The Week' in the League Paper and actually this has the advantage that bigger teams hardly ever come in for players and so the heart is ripped out of our team.
This Clough though is a more mature one that left us some 6 years ago and I think all the better for that:-we do have rather a history of starting the careers of managers (Neil Warnock, Gary Rowett, Jimmy FH.) under the 'safe' regime that our Chairman Ben Robinson has created and in today's world having a gem of Chairman has been the backbone of our success.

With regards to the forum, it is a relatively new one (about 3/4 years), but changed its name when when Clough came back and is in honour of the old CTMD forum which became defunct .

Me? Norah (Batty) is my forum name because I wield the broom when anyone is out of order!

Enjoy the game and have a good rest of the season after 5pm :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here