Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T20. The Frachise is here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too many different formats now for the counties so I'd ditch the county T20, and have them just concentrate on the County Championship, the 1 day John Player Sunday League, and the Gillette Cup limited overs knockout.

A city based T20 would compliment this with payments evenly distributed to all counties.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Coming soon to a test arena near you:

The Vauxhall Crack-Whores
The Manchester Wasters
The St Johns Wood Pokemon Go-ers
The Birmingham Disenfranchised
The Nottingham Stoners

That's more like it! And the Brighton Boyfriends, perhaps? :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They were just examples of what they might use but think they want to make sure the competition retains an English flavour so maybe Buzzards, Rams, Foxes, Hedgehogs, Pine Martins.
Sure, there are vast swathes of England that will associate with Pine Martens! Although as in July 2015 the first confirmed sighting of a pine marten in England for over a century was recorded by an amateur photographer in woodland in Shropshire it could be one for the future!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So you agree with me then? Keep the county T20 format, yeah? I'd then reduce the 4 day game to a competition between regions.

I do not think the city competition is needed for player development. Commercially every avenue should have been exhausted before going down this line. But then when English cricket is run by a northern grocer whose business model was sell cheap, there is no chance...

I think the messing around with the 4 day game has been unnecessary, the fact it is no longer two 9 team leagues makes no sense. But then the ECB dream is to have the test counties in the top league and the rest can rot. Thankfully Somerset are upsetting that plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here