Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An appeal to the club to change their Twitter handle

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
On Twitter you have two names ; A user name and an account name.
Albion's is currently username: BHAFC and account name: @OfficialBHAFC

Liverpool is : Liverpool FC and [MENTION=21338]lfc[/MENTION]
Palace is : Crystal Palace FC & [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]

Some users on this thread and on twitter have been asking for Brighton to do the same and drop the word "Official" as the tick/verification (If Twitter confirm you are who you say you are they put a blue tick/a verification beside you account name to prove it to other users).

Albion can't be Brighton & Hove Albion FC (not enough characters) for their user name - and they can't be [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] for their account name because someone else has it (a fan) and , til now, they haven't decided to get the account name back although they probably would have a case.

So there's an Albion fan preventing the club using the obvious Twitter name ? Not that I'm interested in Twitter (don't have it) but that does seem a bit lacking in generosity from a 'fan'

Oh and what does the 'delete' reply from the club mean ? (Sorry to be in the thickos club as well)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
On Twitter you have two names ; A user name and an account name.
Albion's is currently username: BHAFC and account name: @OfficialBHAFC

Liverpool is : Liverpool FC and [MENTION=21338]lfc[/MENTION]
Palace is : Crystal Palace FC & [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]

Some users on this thread and on twitter have been asking for Brighton to do the same and drop the word "Official" as the tick/verification (If Twitter confirm you are who you say you are they put a blue tick/a verification beside you account name to prove it to other users).

Albion can't be Brighton & Hove Albion FC (not enough characters) for their user name - and they can't be [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] for their account name because someone else has it (a fan) and , til now, they haven't decided to get the account name back although they probably would have a case.

Thank you for the explanation, despite being near/in the target demographic I've never really 'got' Twitter, seems like the digital version of people shouting at the sea in the hope that someone replies.

Oh and what does the 'delete' reply from the club mean ? (Sorry to be in the thickos club as well)

This still confuses me as well...we should get membership cards or something...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So there's an Albion fan preventing the club using the obvious Twitter name ? Not that I'm interested in Twitter (don't have it) but that does seem a bit lacking in generosity from a 'fan'

Yes as discussed earlier on in the thread. There is an Albion fan, or someone who behaves like an Albion fan, who uses the BHAFC account name.
https://twitter.com/bhafc

I think the "delete" is because the club did have "Official Bhafc" as their user name (i think) but have now, reverted to "BHAFC" only. ie: "Delete" due to the conversation
Delete is also a common comeback on twitter so might have been a reference to that as well.
See Hilary Clinton famously tweeting "Delete this" to a Trump tweet in the summer.

If not then i'm as perplexed as you.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Could Albion use..............@B&HAFC after all we are "and" Hove Albion? ...........who is this fan? perhaps we could draw them out onto the boards for an explanation of their continued actions..

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yes as discussed earlier on in the thread. There is an Albion fan, or someone who behaves like an Albion fan, who uses the BHAFC account name.
https://twitter.com/bhafc

I think the "delete" is because the club did have "Official Bhafc" as their user name (i think) but have now, reverted to "BHAFC" only. ie: "Delete" due to the conversation
Delete is also a common comeback on twitter so might have been a reference to that as well.
See Hilary Clinton famously tweeting "Delete this" to a Trump tweet in the summer.

If not then i'm as perplexed as you.

Delete is relatively topical - Liverpool's official Twitter did it to a man united fan group after copping some stick on Friday night about helping united's title charge as part of Liverpool's quest for 6th, or something. Before proceeding to lose to Watford, hence the Liverpool tweet.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's worth pointing out that it wasn't the club that replied, but some saddo who has used a similar account to the official one but replaced the 'L' of official with a upper case 'i'.

@OfficiaiBHAFC rather than @OfficialBHAFC.

Their only tweet, bar the reply to Adrie, is that we signed Charlie Austin at the end of August. Hilarious...

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's worth pointing out that it wasn't the club that replied, but some saddo who has used a similar account to the official one but replaced the 'L' of official with a lower case 'i'.

Their only tweet, bar the reply to Adrie, is that we signed Charlie Austin at the end of August. Hilarious...

Ha !
yes as well as /bhafc which is squatted by a fan but mostly innocuous - there's a few like that, deliberately designed to deceive, as well.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's worth pointing out that it wasn't the club that replied, but some saddo who has used a similar account to the official one but replaced the 'L' of official with a lower case 'i'.

Well spotted but the 'L' has been replaced with a capital 'I' rather than a lower case 'i' as you suggested!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here