Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Skalak

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
All about opinions. I think Skalak is a very good player with a bit of pace and a lot of skill as confirmed by his international status. He isn't tricky or really pacey, but he has a bit of edge about him and CH needs to get him back on his devastating dead ball deliveries rather than Knockaert.

Th edge might be his aggressiveness, which he had to curb as his foul count was OTT. I would have started Sidwell instead and I would have started Lualua (for Murphy) if he was not injured. Or even Baldock ahead of him, as he was playing on the right.

I donlt go for two inverted wingers. Sometimes, I don't even think playing two wingers is best at all.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Th edge might be his aggressiveness, which he had to curb as his foul count was OTT. I would have started Sidwell instead and I would have started Lualua (for Murphy) if he was not injured. Or even Baldock ahead of him, as he was playing on the right.

I donlt go for two inverted wingers. Sometimes, I don't even think playing two wingers is best at all.

Are we going to see Lua Lua are after his silly tweet?

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
More to the point, and to play devil's advocate - what do people see in Murphy.. he had a handful of decent games last season but that aside I don't think he is all that

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Skalak works extremely hard. I think Bruno benefited from having a more disciplined winger in front of him on Tuesday night. Knockaert is incredible but his one weakness is sometimes he can try and do too much when the team is not up to it's best. This meant Bruno pushing up too far, which in turn left Duffy exposed against Brentford. I would have Skalak over Murphy any day of the week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think there is very little to chose between Salak and Murphy who are both streets ahead of Lua Lua except in his ability to run down the line at pace, with or without the ball.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What is this!!?? Jiri is clearly talented... admittedly, his best asset is dead ball delivery, but he works hard, is skilful, and also delivers a good cross in open play.

Oh, and Murphy is better at going past players and finishing, so also a great asset to the team...

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
More to the point, and to play devil's advocate - what do people see in Murphy.. he had a handful of decent games last season but that aside I don't think he is all that

I tend to agree - IMO he was weak when he first played for us then finished the season really well last year, however this year his non existent and lacks anything different.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
I love Chris, but can someone please tell me what he sees in Skalak???

Yes, he scored a couple of good goals last season . But really all he does is look for the foul, or roll around pretending to be injured after being tackled! I find him really pathetic and the bloke is just plain irritating.

I really think we should look to offload him in Jan. R Van La Parra would have been a better option at a 1/3 of the price!

Chris likes players who work hard and Skalak does that, I don't think he's had a great season so far but he's clearly a talented player. Slightly confused why he wasn't taking the set pieces last night though, AK over hit most dead balls.

As for Van La Parra...he proved last night why we didn't sign him, nothing special and massively inconsistent from my perspective.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think he offers far more than the other two just with his crosses and set pieces alone. It is just my opinion though, as it is that I think you MASSIVELY over rate Murphy who is the 5th best winger at the club.

I agree I do probably over rate Murphy but the Manager rates him highly as well and doesn't see him as 5th best winger at the club and it's only his decision that matters. Skalak gets in ahead of him occasionally because towards the tail end of last year Jamie's stats dropped dramatically in terms of his goals, goal assists and involvement in matches. At the same time Skalak was coming in and made a difference. His free kicks were leading to goals. Stats for these two though have reversed again recently

It's going to be a good problem to have in that we have so many options. There is also the Solly March to consider and last year before his injury he had hit form brilliantly but I am conscious that that run f form was only really over 3 or 4 games at the most. Wingers are the type of players that drift in and out of form and being able to change them over when form drops is a good thing

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
What is this!!?? Jiri is clearly talented... admittedly, his best asset is dead ball delivery, but he works hard, is skilful, and also delivers a good cross in open play.

Oh, and Murphy is better at going past players and finishing, so also a great asset to the team...

What is this post supposed to be? Are you trying to support BOTH of OUR players? Weirdo.

Get with the picture, and choose which one is SHIT.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Kemy was called up to a national team whilst he was with us and couldn't make the Albion bench, so...

Talking of Kemy. He's played another game of football. Incredible .
For Dutch 2nd tier team; FC Dordrecht.

[tweet]774925585239900160[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is Skalak the new 'Spanish Dave'? Seems to divide opinion, every one out of ten cross or free kick is decent, can't tackle, falls over a lot, no pace, can't take a player on and goes missing in most games.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I recommend a new pair of glasses.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Skalak and Murphy at this current moment are looking as hopeless as each other.

Looking forward to Solly's return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here