Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 "We're hoping to base it on the Arsenal model'

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
there have been plenty of times both before the stadium opened and regularly since that I've thought about purchasing a 1901 season ticket instead of a general. That in itself explains everything, if I can afford to purchase a corporate ticket to the Amex then they are nowhere near expensive enough.

The Emirates is probably way too expensive but it should be more expensive at the Amex and then provide a greater corporate experience
The simple truth is the Albion can't see 3000 corporate seats. If they could, there wouldn't be availability now. The club themselves sold 1901 as premium seats at the start. Platinum seemed the corporate option and Gold the supporter option. Barber seems intent on making it more corporate but he is stuck with what the club originally sold it as. Push up prices too much and people like me will walk. And without PL football, there will be big gaps in 1901 as there isn't corporate demand to fill the gap.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
IMO, the 1901 club is what happens when people get ideas above their station.

:)
, in my opinion, the issue is the same throughout the stadium.................Sodexo?, quite simply up there with Southern Rail as a company that fails to deliver. I love the 1901 experience, the seats, my friends, the lounge, just not the awful service, which I understand is the same poor level throughout the stadium. Its got nothing to do with 'people above their station' the vast majority of the 1901 club are very good fans (I have done 53 years of supporting the club), not the corporate type, just good honest fans supporting their club. Main problem with Sodexo is that they employ students or likewise and give them no or limited training. On Tuesday I asked 'Vlad' for a half time coffee voucher, he did not know what that was, so I showed him the 'Buy your half time Team and coffee vouchers here' note on the bar and he just shrugged his shoulders and said ' I am sorry i dont understand how to sell them' So I gave up. I have also given up moaning to the club as you always get the same response, 'They win awards all the time, so we do not understand the issue'. Feel for Paul Rogers as he is always having to defend them. Think they have about 3 more years of the contract, god help us all in the stadium.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Only an Albion supporter can moan about getting four free pies at a game !

I took the OP's statement to be less about his experience personally and more about the general standard of service in the 1901 vs the aspirations of 5 years ago.

Labour time for two members of staff has been non-productive whilst stock has been given away for free, and all the while the customer is regretting the choices he has made - this is no way to be running a business that is an integral part of the commercial arm of this club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
, in my opinion, the issue is the same throughout the stadium.................Sodexo?, quite simply up there with Southern Rail as a company that fails to deliver.

Yup, absolutely this. Both companies doubtless do a stunning sales pitch with their top salesmen involved, promise the earth, then the minute they get the gig, they start shamelessly cutting back on the operational side of things, knowing full well it'll take something pretty seismic for them finally to get sacked. It's the bog standard way of service providers nowadays.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
IMO, the 1901 club is what happens when people get ideas above their station.

:)

I've sometimes got a spare so perhaps you'd like to come and sit in there for a game, amongst those still sitting in there you find a number of long term supporters, many of whom protested at the York City game, left the Goldstone when the firework went off against Hereford and boycotted the Mansfield game.

Certainly no-one has got ideas above their station, maybe its just we're all getting older and want a bit more at a game :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
long term supporters, many of whom protested at the York City game, left the Goldstone when the firework went off against Hereford and boycotted the Mansfield game.

Certainly no-one has got ideas above their station

Damn, if only you'd left that last line out I'd have satisfied all your criteria :smile:

That said I do agree with the main thrust of your thread. The slow erosion of the promises made 5-6 years ago is most disappointing.

Jan 30, 2008
I've sometimes got a spare so perhaps you'd like to come and sit in there for a game, amongst those still sitting in there you find a number of long term supporters, many of whom protested at the York City game, left the Goldstone when the firework went off against Hereford and boycotted the Mansfield game.

Certainly no-one has got ideas above their station, maybe its just we're all getting older and want a bit more at a game :)
like a £12.50 burger :laugh: ................. what ever happened to Gulls eye:whistle:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here