Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 "We're hoping to base it on the Arsenal model'

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When we reached out to be AMERICAN

I recently received an email regarding a forthcoming meeting, which concluded with the following:

"If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out."

:shootself:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Is pulled pork the same as pulling off a pig? Or have I misunderstood something somewhere?

Its exactly the same as slow cooked sliced pork other than its made to sound more exotic, tidy profit margin for what is essentially a very cheap cut of meat. They are doing it to all meat now, I've seen pulled chicken, pulled beef etc. I expect we will see pulled eggs, pulled cheese and pulled bread soon.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hove dogs, meal deal with free admission.

Greyhound racing is not the best business model to use as an example now. It's an industry dying on its feet with severely dwindling attendances and tracks closing all the time. They are doing all they can to attract people but are fighting a losing battle. The way they look after the welfare of the dogs I'm actually rather pleased.

Those 'meal deals' have to come from somewhere...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Gets free pies
Starts thread moaning about it

INSANE

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Mr Medway picture the scene, Great Auntie Medway passes over to the other side, you come into my office and choose a Chestnut Willow Casket, 5 minutes before the funeral is due to start I announce that I haven't actually got those in stock but Auntie can have a veneered oak one instead, gratis, would you be totally happy with that? ��

With burials, one would hope that you'd let clients down once.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
1st World problems in the 1901 club, my heart bleeds. I might start a just giving page to help out all those poor souls.

If they've paid for a premium service then surely they are entitled to receive just that?

Why take the piss, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy to pay for something and then not get it?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Having not yet ventured into the realms of the 1901 club.
How the hell can they charge £12.50 for a burger?
I may be moaning a bit here, but are the burgers bespoke made to the customers requirements?

I'll be sticking to my home made sandwiches thank you.:)

This. £12:50 for a sodding burger :eek::eek::eek::eek: Is it made from Wagyu beef or something?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bring back Hardings a local company who surported the Albion in its days of need.
Can't do any worse.

Mr Birdman a very good point, Dean Harding, after years of serving the Albion well at Withdean, wasn't even considered apparently, having eaten at a number of his other outlets connected to sport in Sussex, I've no doubt he could have expanded his operation and done the job well.

Are we now on our 3rd or 4th caterer since the Amex opened?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we now on our 3rd or 4th caterer since the Amex opened?
You make that sound like a bad thing (forgive me if that's not the case).

Surely AMEX contracts are to be treated like car insurance.
Every time they come up for renewal you shop around for a better deal, wouldn't it be stupid not too?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
there have been plenty of times both before the stadium opened and regularly since that I've thought about purchasing a 1901 season ticket instead of a general. That in itself explains everything, if I can afford to purchase a corporate ticket to the Amex then they are nowhere near expensive enough.

The Emirates is probably way too expensive but it should be more expensive at the Amex and then provide a greater corporate experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here