Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 "We're hoping to base it on the Arsenal model'

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
When did coleslaw get to be slaw? Was it when pork started to get pulled?
When people realised they can charge more I suppose. Think the chips were "rustic" as well which means they couldn't be bothered to cut them properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Dont get me started on this, i cannot stand that it is shortened. A bit like calling Macaroni Cheese, Mac and Cheese.
I don't actually care when restaurants put these Americanisms on a menu (although the fact that it's becoming more and more places is irksome), but when English people say them while ordering I immediately want to kill them.

"I'll have that with the mac and cheese and a side of...." F##K OFF AND DIE!

It sounds even worse when it's some fat bird with a "reyt common" Northern accent, as it invariably is when I venture to such places in Sheffield.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is pulled pork the same as pulling off a pig? Or have I misunderstood something somewhere?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Overpriced Lounge last night at 19.20hrs, hottest day for a while, evening kick off so people are hungry - no water, no pies, no sausage rolls. At 19.45 or kick off time as we like to call it - waitresses were bringing out burgers etc that people had ordered. A manageress was desperately try to intercept them as I expect the intended recipients were none too happy. Staff behind the bar (with one noticeable exception) absolutely terrible. Saw a couple of punters getting very worked up.

It's just shoddy. Over and over again. Don't give me "the have you emailed the club" line. In the past yes I have, plenty of people still do. I don't want to make life any harder for Dodge and his dwindling team. I believe it to be out of their control and a situation that is allowed to continue from the top of the food chain, I assume because the needed changes are financially unpalatable to them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd have been delighted with my £12.50 back and a free pie - over the bloody moon!!!! #ruffian

Jan 30, 2008
Arrived at 6.45, ordered 4 burgers behind the bar £12.50 each paid the £50, catering manager came out about 20 mins later to say couldn't do the burgers as they'd run out of them in 1901 East (although at 6.45 there weren't that many people in the lounge), she then backtracked even further and said the member of staff, a young man to which English is not his mother tongue should never have taken our order in the first place, gave us our money back and then in her defence gave us a complimentary pie each.
Half time long queue at the bar with only two staff, one being the aforementioned foreign student, working behind the jump.

This is the Albion and to a degree we have to accept it warts and all, but the empty seats around us caused by the lack of renewals tell a story in itself.
£12.50 for a burger, tell me this is a wind up :eek:
regards
DR

theboybilly

Hove dogs, meal deal with free admission.

Greyhound racing is not the best business model to use as an example now. It's an industry dying on its feet with severely dwindling attendances and tracks closing all the time.
They are doing all they can to attract people but are fighting a losing battle. The way they look after the welfare of the dogs I'm actually rather pleased.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Only an Albion supporter can moan about getting four free pies at a game !

Mr Medway picture the scene, Great Auntie Medway passes over to the other side, you come into my office and choose a Chestnut Willow Casket, 5 minutes before the funeral is due to start I announce that I haven't actually got those in stock but Auntie can have a veneered oak one instead, gratis, would you be totally happy with that? 😃

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Mr Medway picture the scene, Great Auntie Medway passes over to the other side, you come into my office and choose a Chestnut Willow Casket, 5 minutes before the funeral is due to start I announce that I haven't actually got those in stock but Auntie can have a veneered oak one instead, gratis, would you be totally happy with that? ��

As long as I can warm me free pies up on your retort.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The club will just not be able to provide a premium service,at a price that can be afforded,so everyone gets fed up. IMO the 1901 experience will over time downgrade,with a more sensible price structure,that can be afforded,and still offer something different from the concourses.The club could then market a "Blue Ribbon "5 star club experience,a much smaller affair,catering for top prices....and service !!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

About the same time as 'toasted cheese' became 'grilled cheese'.

Back to moaning, I was in the Rivervale lounge for the Hudds game and it was ..... very nice actually. Friendly staff and no more queuing for Harveys than I would have to do in my local. No food but I no longer expect to buy grub at the Amex so I wasn't surprised at that. I was hungry as I'd come straight from work, but the little burger stall near Falmer station was still open when I left the ground so I didn't starve.

Anyway, in the Rivervale they have these 'One moment' boards (a bit like the stuff in Dick's but without Attila's poetry). These have recollections from former players about their favourite 'one moment' in their Albion careers. Peter Ward chose the 1976 game when he scored 4 as we beat Walsall 7-0. According to the header at the top of the board this match took place in 1983! Barber out etc.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Arrived at 6.45, ordered 4 burgers behind the bar £12.50 each paid the £50, catering manager came out about 20 mins later to say couldn't do the burgers as they'd run out of them in 1901 East (although at 6.45 there weren't that many people in the lounge), she then backtracked even further and said the member of staff, a young man to which English is not his mother tongue should never have taken our order in the first place, gave us our money back and then in her defence gave us a complimentary pie each.
Half time long queue at the bar with only two staff, one being the aforementioned foreign student, working behind the jump.

This is the Albion and to a degree we have to accept it warts and all, but the empty seats around us caused by the lack of renewals tell a story in itself.

£12.50 for a burger at a football match, are you fooking mad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here