Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you leave games early?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've only left early on three occasions. Once at the Goldstone losing 3-0 at HT to Oxford when the pub seemed more enticing although I can't remember why that particular debacle was any worse than many others. The other two were away games at Plymouth and Aldershot when events off the field were looking a little lively.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Last season 0-4 v Cardiff. Soaked, freezing cold and a one carriage train to look forward to.
Left on 80th minute.

First and only time.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Have myself down as a 'stayer' but chiped early for Brentford away, losing 4-0 in 'ITV digital' game, and the West Ham away shocker (6-0?)

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I stayed to the bitter end yesterday, waiting for the most amazing comeback since lazarus.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I leave early nearly every game. I leave about 2 mins before the final whistle. If I don't leave early I get stuck in the car park for an hour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've only left early on three occasions. Once at the Goldstone losing 3-0 at HT to Oxford when the pub seemed more enticing although I can't remember why that particular debacle was any worse than many others. The other two were away games at Plymouth and Aldershot when events off the field were looking a little lively.

Was that the Cup game where a part time player who was a postman scored against us? I believe they were proper minnows and turned us over brilliantly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In related news, has anyone chosen their Amex seat based on proximity to either the train station or car park with a view to getting a head start in the post match dash? My mate and I wear both wear Asics GT-1000 trainers to games and down a couple of energy bars as full time approaches, plus we've both got razor sharp elbows, which also helps.

Oh dear.

The GT1000 is a stability shoe for mild overpronators, as a result it's a bit heavier than a typical racing shoe. If you need a bit of support you could trim vital seconds by going for something lighter but cushioned like the Brooks Racer ST. The energy bars are unnecessary, you'll only burn glycogen if you're doing a short sprint and your body typically has 2 hours worth stored. If you need anything, use something with an instant hit, maybe a caffeine-heavy energy gel (or even a gobfull of red bull) instead on about 85 minutes. [emoji106]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Was that the Cup game where a part time player who was a postman scored against us? I believe they were proper minnows and turned us over brilliantly.

I don't remember much about it TBH but I did have a nice pint in the Trafalgar. Just looked it up and it must have been the April 1991 game which makes me a little impatient at the time given shortly afterwards we made the play offs and Wembley !

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Never!

The thrill of football is any sort of incident good or bad can happen at any moment.

And I wanna be there to see it!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Possibly 5 minutes early if we are completely out of a meaningful game. Not if we have a chance of a victory or draw in the final minutes. Friendlies? Meh.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not since Eric Potts...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Hardly ever. The one occasion I can remember sticks in the memory a bit: home v Huddersfield March 2013. For unavoidable family reasons I knew beforehand I'd only be able to see the first half and a bit of the second before dashing off for the train. Managed to hang on until about the 75th minute – 1-1 at the time – legged it to the station just in time to hear a succession of roars as Leo completed his hat trick on 76 and 78 minutes, and Spanish Dave polished off a 4-1 win with a penalty on 81 minutes.

And before anyone else asks, no I'm not going to leave early on Tuesday in the hope of a repeat. Wish we had the man from Argentina back though ...

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Just twice since 1976.
After the second goal Palace put past us in the semi final home leg...

... And yesterday I left on the 90th minute.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A very wet midweek game against Leeds back in the mid-80s. I had a bike that had very poor brakes and lights (it had those old solid metal brake cables), which I parked up round the back of the Hove Park Tavern - without a lock. After 85 minutes of standing in the pouring rain on the Chicken Run watching a dire game (which we were losing, and never looked like scoring in) I'd had enough, and went to retrieve my bike before someone pinched it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I once walked up to the exit at Gillingham so that I could leave as the final whistle went.

That Gabbiadini game when he scored 3 (or was it four?) for Darlington.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Only once to get to a festival, needed to get a connecting train, left on about 80 mins, stay until the end otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here