Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Alone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These 6000 diehard fans arrived after the Gillingham seasons?

You had to be a complete fecking head case, not hard core to be an Albion fan in those days. Or in my case and the mates I went with, no life.

Or are you suggesting a 200 mile round trip for a home game should get more than 1500 fans every other week to a shithole like Gillingham?

You had to be a complete fecking head case, not hard core to be an Albion fan in those days. Or in my case and the mates I went with, no life.

Or are you suggesting a 200 mile round trip for a home game should get more than 1500 fans every other week to a shithole like Gillingham?

Not a bad day out tbf! Proper fans would have turned out???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a bad day out tbf! Proper fans would have turned out???

Bollocks, it was a crap day out watching a crap team play in a crap stadium in a crap town. I probably went to about half the home games there, and more often than not drove home wishing I hadn't bothered writing off another whole Saturday travelling up there. Depressing wasn't the word.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bollocks, it was a crap day out watching a crap team play in a crap stadium in a crap town. I probably went to about half the home games there, and more often than not drove home wishing I hadn't bothered writing off another whole Saturday travelling up there. Depressing wasn't the word.

Agree with this. Went to most games there. Didn't help it was in the bottom division and we were crap anyway.

theboybilly

Get home quicker?:moo:

I can't be just that. I set out for a full day at the match which involves beers in Hove then on to the Amex. As long as I'm back in the pub by 6 o'clock ( I can be there earlier with a bit of luck) I'm happy. If I was to set out knowing I was only going to see 75% of the game (and that missing 25% being the final quarter) I'd likely decide against it

Day out on the coach getting up there at 11ish 6/7 pubs later and arrive at a ground with covered terrace/seats Blooming cheaper as well:eek: Also the travel time from Hove to the amex is about the same as coach to gillingham:eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Day out on the coach getting up there at 11ish 6/7 pubs later and arrive at a ground with covered terrace/seats Blooming cheaper as well:eek: Also the travel time from Hove to the amex is about the same as coach to gillingham:eek:

If your idea of a decent Saturday is regularly spending 7+ hours of it in a tragic little griefhole like Gillingham, then you can't have a lot else going on in your life.

I probably exaggerated in saying I made half the games. Probably more like a third, being as I NEVER went to the evening ones. That place tested my support of BHA to the very limits, no wonder we lost an entire generation of fans back then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here