Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Day Experience - What happened today?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone emailed Barber yet? I'm looking forward to his bleating about how difficult it is to staff match days

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Disagree, it was a massive improvement in the WSU as I could actually have a conversation with fans around me before the match and at half time.
Sometimes it's so loud i can't hear myself think, especially the adverts.
Also some decent music was played at half time.

The match must have been poor if I noticed stuff like this. :)

Have to agree with the OP as in WSL it was so loud and distorted that people were actually covering their ears. One chap had to go back to the concourse as it was hurting his ears.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to agree with the OP as in WSL it was so loud and distorted that people were actually covering their ears. One chap had to go back to the concourse as it was hurting his ears.

It did seem a bit distorted. At one point I could have sworn I heard that 'Jamie Murray' was being subbed. :moo:

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Shame you could only bring 1400

I'm a bit disappointed but I'd rather have the 1,400 we had yesterday than the approaching 3,000 we did there two seasons ago in terms of who was there. Plus we take the highest percentage of our home gates away of any club in the division.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'm a bit disappointed but I'd rather have the 1,400 we had yesterday than the approaching 3,000 we did there two seasons ago in terms of who was there. Plus we take the highest percentage of our home gates away of any club in the division.

Not sure thats anything to be proud of!

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Not sure thats anything to be proud of!

Well it means a significant number of our home support also travel away. We're a club who's spent most of our time in the third and fourth tiers of football, with clubs who've spent long periods in the top tier all close by, with a ground which currently limits how much we can grow our match going fanbase by. I think we have very good support and always have had.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Used to be exactly like that in the WSU, yesterday it was fine though, at the North end of the WSU anyway.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Well it means a significant number of our home support also travel away. We're a club who's spent most of our time in the third and fourth tiers of football, with clubs who've spent long periods in the top tier all close by, with a ground which currently limits how much we can grow our match going fanbase by. I think we have very good support and always have had.

A Saturday game, 3pm, just down the road....1400 is not very good support!

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
A Saturday game, 3pm, just down the road....1400 is not very good support!

It's slightly disappointing but our away average over the course of a season is regularly higher than plenty of clubs who get larger home gates than us.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Was this your first time using that car park? It's always a nitemare to get out of...best to stay behind for half an hour and enjoy the catering experience :whistle:

No, I regularly park there. Normally I get back to the car about 5.30 to 5.45 and it clears easily. It was well after 6 before the majority got out yesterday. After one of the evening games they were directing people and it worked very well. It's not just the car park though. The whole place seemed to have an "I can't be bothered" feeling about I. Perhaps I was just fed up with the result and the car park. And I'm not a natural moaner. I'm always willing to give the club credit when they get things right.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
One "progress" I didn't get on the TV in South Stand (West side) was the incredibly bad relay of the Man U - City game. The screen froze so often it was a joke, the goals could easily have been "jumped over". As someone who diesn't have satellite TV I can't understand why people pay for such appalling service. Especially another football club.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
One "progress" I didn't get on the TV in South Stand (West side) was the incredibly bad relay of the Man U - City game. The screen froze so often it was a joke, the goals could easily have been "jumped over". As someone who diesn't have satellite TV I can't understand why people pay for such appalling service. Especially another football club.

Most likely a short out on the cable from the multiswitch which power these multiple feeds. Unless it was a national issue from sky themselves, which I doubt.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Most likely a short out on the cable from the multiswitch which power these multiple feeds. Unless it was a national issue from sky themselves, which I doubt.

Cut-backs. I saw Barber struggling to get a decent kodi stream on his firestick.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
I did comment at half time that it was costing £12 to get in the 7 Stars yet was unable to part with my money to get a couple of beers at half time due to long queues because some hatches were closed in the East concourse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here