Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Day Experience - What happened today?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
he's a buisness man who talks the talk but realy doesn't have much substance , might be wrong
regards
DR
The mandate for stewards acting like cocks, or being any good, are dictated from the top. The stewarding has been steadily going downhill since Barbers arrival. Whoever is in charge and sets the tone, is there for a reason and is employed because they steward a match in a certain way. I just think that some of it is idiotic and over zealous. Especially telling off my daughter directly and ignoring me, in my opinion was a disgrace. I wanted to knock the blokes head off.

Jan 30, 2008
These mandate for stewards acting like cocks, or being any good, are dictated from the top. The stewarding has been steadily going downhill since Barbers arrival.

bang on the money capt , the day the club introduced the grass hotline was the day the writing was on the wall ,its a case of fall l in line or **** off ,i dont need to be treated like a school kid so said good bye to all that shite
regards
DR

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Thought it was first rate myself. Pints before, straight on a train to Falmer, great game, easily onto a bus after, down the sea side, stumbled back to the station and somehow got back to London. Brilliant away fans experience...

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Jobsworth on dicks bar wouldn't let my daughter use the toilet. A steward warned my daughter about waving a flag in someone's eye, I pointed out it was me she hit in the eye and no I'm not taking the matter further (total dickhead steward!).Slow service in ESU, no mobile beer stalls, toilet seat broken, crowd we crap, police box crew did nothing, players were shit, and we lost to a nothing team. All in all a really crap day. Barber out.

Hahaha "a nothing team" - oh dear. We're in the same division as you, unbelievable arrogance.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Yes what happened?
Been at a wedding all day, out of signal range, just got home and seen the score, might as well not bothered.
FFS we should be beating these backwater cretins, an uphill slog ensues I think now.
Oh well, been there, done that and worn the t shirt :( :)

"Backwater cretins" hahaha it gets better, coming from some bloke who presumably lives not too far from us as well. Ruislip oh dear.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
My wife paid for her tea £2.20. Gave the girl £5 note and 20p piece. Girl gave her a funny look stood me there for another 20 seconds and then gave her the 20p back and £2.80 change. Not sure whether she grasped why the wife gave her the odd 20p.

I've given that up sometime ago. Not just at the Amex, retail in general! Sadly it appears that logic isn't part of any educational curriculum nowadays. I eventually got weary of assistants staring back as though it was that was 'me' that was simple! No they hadn't grasped why your Mrs gave them the 20p! Trouble is I guess the "computer says CHANGE £2.80" that's what it has to be :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My match day experience in 1901 was first class today, quick service with a smile. The day was ruined by the football for me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What do you think is the going rate per hour ?

Whatever it is, it's peanuts compared to the potential revenue lost by not employing people with previous relevant bar/catering experience. Any agency worth its salt should be able to readily supply those, and as many as you need. Instead of getting in people who don't know how to pour a pint or work a till. It's just pathetic counter-productive penny-pinching.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Dressing up the mundane and banal is the way the world has gone though; it's not just football: airport experience, shopping experience, dining experience, match day experience. What the ****? And what happened to just, well, doing stuff? In the main I don't need an experience if I fly somewhere, or go to Churchill Square....I just want get somewhere or buy something or just watch a game.
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
On the face of it there's a lot of what some would summarise as 'pathetic moaning', and I'm sure the Powers That Be will just dismiss it on the grounds that there's always more moaning when we lose. That however misses the point. Football is now SO expensive that the peripheral parts of the 'matchday experience' (and like others I hate the term) become important. We can cut the club some slack and say they're not really totally in control of what happens on the pitch, but everything else outside of the railways and the bus company is under their control. Given the price of the tickets we have every right to expect that the service and the staff dealing with all aspects of the 'matchday experience' will be first rate. They can't hide behind the fact that football matches are one-off events where unforeseen circumstances can upset plans, they've had six years to get this right.

To a large extent they are protected by the fact that most people are Brighton fans first and foremost and will put up with any old rubbish off the pitch so long as the team is successful on it. However if the team struggle then it's the small stuff that often irritates the most and is often the final straw when people decide not to renew STs.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Whatever it is, it's peanuts compared to the potential revenue lost by not employing people with previous relevant bar/catering experience. Any agency worth its salt should be able to readily supply those, and as many as you need. Instead of getting in people who don't know how to pour a pint or work a till. It's just pathetic counter-productive penny-pinching.

Sodexo pay the going rate for bar staff/catering staff and its above minimum wage, use "agencies worth their salt" to recruit staff (BrightonandHoveJobs.com amongst many), and ask for experience.
They might end up with people who on their first day struggle but its not "pathetic counter -productive penny-pinching".

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Thought it was first rate myself. Pints before, straight on a train to Falmer, great game, easily onto a bus after, down the sea side, stumbled back to the station and somehow got back to London. Brilliant away fans experience...

Which only goes to prove that the result is what matters most.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Nice to hear someone enjoyed themselves 👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sodexo pay the going rate for bar staff/catering staff and its above minimum wage, use "agencies worth their salt" to recruit staff (BrightonandHoveJobs.com amongst many), and ask for experience.
They might end up with people who on their first day struggle but its not "pathetic counter -productive penny-pinching".

Do you think that the staffing is appalling and could be, and should be, vastly improved to the benefit of both customer and club?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here