Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa must be livid

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stockdale just isn't that great. Yes he can pull of worldies and saves that look impossible but for me this masks too many errors.

Needs to warm the bench for a while

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I think Manepaa deserves a chance now....I thought he was superb against Rotherham....strong and commanding and gave the defence confidence

I agree. It feels disloyal to say it after Stockers' many solid performances last season, but that's now history and he hasn't been at his best recently. A spell on the bench may help him regain focus. He's conceded a couple of poor goals recently and is currently performing below the high standards he pulled off last year. He hasn't been helped by some defensive errors in front of him but he does seem to have conceded a few that seemed stoppable. Maenpaa seems confident and has a presence about him, and has performed well when he's stepped up in cup games. I also thought he was impressive against Rotherham and It'll do no harm to give him a Championship run.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He deals very well with some of our hard-hit back passes. Yes you'd expect a professional footballer to be able to but his feet are well above average for a keeper...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's been fine all season, I just wish some would give it a rest.
Where DS is concerned there never seems to be any correlation between saves he has to make and goals conceded.

When in Sami's dark days plenty of people, esp those that put themselves on a pedestal above everyone else, see the goal they scored as proof DS is a wrong'un.
Completely blanking on the half a dozen world class saves that kept a point within reach.
Much the same could be said of when Duffy was finding his feet.

Give Stockdale 1 or 2 saves to make and he'll do it.
Unsurprisingly expect 5 world class efforts (while nobody on his team looks like they'll even induce a save) and he'll concede a goal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He deals very well with some of our hard-hit back passes. Yes you'd expect a professional footballer to be able to but his feet are well above average for a keeper...

Endorsed by this legend, no less

[tweet]774611122695602176[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Endorsed by this legend, no less

[tweet]774611122695602176[/tweet]

Also incredibly nice to my then 4 yr old at the Xmas party so gets the decent bloke approval from me too ;)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not much to choose between DS and NM as shot-stoppers, but Stockdale's ball control with both feet (the back passes as others have mentioned) and distribution is streets ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here